DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

DSCF3997.thumb.JPG.e5673f3c6cf365619758685e5ed315fb.JPG

AS Poochie said, "Ive memorized the prices."                                                                                                           They travel back and forth and we always try to find the slope. However, when we really want want to skip the Superdupermarket the alternative might be your favorite butcher. C6Bill featured these guys last year and since then the've opened another store. In these particular stores away from the main market you find the prices slightly higher but the quality and rotation of meats better. So here I traveled today with a few pics taken, one to shock, one to think of and one to say I'd buy this everyday. The first is a question of balance, should you pay the price or wait for your next birthday. The second was something maybe you could help me with since I haven't had this, corned ribs as to corned beef brisket. The last, is a treasure, on the grill, on the roto, forgiving, and always a favorite "the Turkey breast",...  and if you look closely it's already wrapped. The step out to the store I've always take as an adventure, never disappointing because I always come back with something,,, like the great outdoor huntsmen does, cept I hunt in sneakers down narrow haunting aisles .

DSCF3996.JPG

DSCF3994.JPG

Edited by Tyrus
  • Like 3

Great looking cooks @Tyrus @David Chang @tony b

echoing what @Poochiesaid I’ve been doing most of my shopping lately at Costco business. $3.99/lb prime Briskets, $16-$18 for 4 pork tenderloins, last pork butts I got was a 2 pack for $1.99/lb. I’ve also been eyeing the beef tenderloin they have there but I haven’t pulled the trigger because ones usually too big for my family but I was co side ring buying one and cutting it in 1/2 and vaccum sealing the other one 

I don’t have a meat freezer yet but I’m seriously considering getting one so I can stock more meats, I also own a vaccum sealer but have never used it and I need to get on that. I know. I learned a long time ago if I just ride @tony bcoattails I’ll be a successful cook 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Theres an up side and down side to those vacum sealers Troble, once you get started it's hard to stop. Looking in the freezer I came across a leg of lamb (bone in) the other day, the date on it was from 2 years ago, it was buried down under, yah almost in Australia. Lambs good for the doggies, no complaints there. It does save you on trips to the store, all you gotta do is open the freezer door. I think it would advantageous to keep a list posted on the freezer and as you go along pulling things out cross them off, but who thinks of that? Keep on truckin my friend, and it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a generator handy in case of long term outages although some insurance policies cover it's best to take the precaution.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Troble said:

I learned a long time ago if I just ride @tony bcoattails I’ll be a successful cook 

You're too kind! 🤗 I've learned a thing or 2 from you @Troble! I'd have never become addicted to Peruvian Green Crack Sauce before you posted the recipe for the chicken. 

Edited by tony b

On 3/9/2023 at 9:31 AM, tony b said:

You're too kind! 🤗 I've learned a thing or 2 from you @Troble! I'd have never become addicted to Peruvian Green Crack Sauce before you posted the recipe for the chicken. 

@tony b I’m headed to Peru March 24th after having to cancel our trip in 2020 & 2022. I’m going to come back with recipes specifically on that sauce. Last time I was there was 2014 and my cooking skills have improved a ton since then. Just you wait I’ll have a bunch of new stuff to try for sure 

Edited by Troble
  • Like 3

Cherry wood chicken with a Tart sauce. Topping the chicken was a total of 7 or 8 spices with a good dose of grated lemon using Truff and Olive oil to hold it on. The sauce was an emulsified Olive oil base with a white wine vinegar, from what I remeber adding was Maldon Sea salt, ground pepper, dijon mustard, thyme, rosemary, fresh cut cilantro, fresh garlic, fresh tomatoe, fresh green onion top, fresh squeezed lemon, capers,  yellow pepperconi and a dash of hot sauce. Use the salt at the end to open and raise the flavors some, just before you tuck it into the frig for it all to come together, 1-2 hrs.  Sorry I don't use teaspoons, it's an eye thing. Sprayed chiken at 145 degrees with light spray of Canoila oil to crispen the skin. Plated with your staple norms for a few nice colors to compliment the bird. Cooked at 350+ indirect

DSCF4007.JPG

DSCF4009.JPG

DSCF4011.JPG

Edited by Tyrus
  • Like 6

@Troble I think I’m going to need to get a roti spot for my 32, those birds look delicious!

@Tyrus the color on that chicken is great!

I did my first chicken cook on Sunday for an Oscars party we hosted. Two birds spatchcocked, indirect with a half basket and apple pellets in the cold smoke generator. Initially thought to cook at 250 for a while, but lunch plans ran late and I decided closer to 300 would be a safer bet time-wise. Think they ended up cooking around 290 for a couple hours. I removed the skin and pulled the meat for sandwiches with a vinegar-based sauce. The smoke flavor was perfect! Skin was a little gummy/rubbery which didn’t matter in this case since it was removed, but I think I’ll try a higher heat next time to see if I can get a nicer texture on that. Between cooking and hosting, I didn’t remember to get a single photo of the food, just the KK smoking away 9668BA8C-38ED-4D41-B3E2-E94D27C016E3.thumb.jpeg.1694e6ec159f6473e7f8670c21720de3.jpeg

• Like 4

Great looking cooks [mention=3045]Tyrus[/mention] [mention=3851]David Chang[/mention] [mention=975]tony b[/mention]
echoing what [mention=2487]Poochie[/mention]said I’ve been doing most of my shopping lately at Costco business. $3.99/lb prime Briskets, $16-$18 for 4 pork tenderloins, last pork butts I got was a 2 pack for $1.99/lb. I’ve also been eyeing the beef tenderloin they have there but I haven’t pulled the trigger because ones usually too big for my family but I was co side ring buying one and cutting it in 1/2 and vaccum sealing the other one 
I don’t have a meat freezer yet but I’m seriously considering getting one so I can stock more meats, I also own a vaccum sealer but have never used it and I need to get on that. I know. I learned a long time ago if I just ride [mention=975]tony b[/mention]coattails I’ll be a successful cook 

Or Troble, you can get yourself a dry aging meat fridge.
These two cuts have been aging for 3 weeks,
da6696d5b9275658aedfef75f88a109d.jpg
I have a strip loin that’s been aging for 70 of days…… but keep nicking steaks off it.
cde27870325fe2fd53fbd47e29550b4f.jpg
698280c647a62b58e991a2001e3f5bd7.jpg
No freezing required

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3