DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

I’m getting there. I got a total of 6 avocados from two trees this year out of a total of 6 trees that planted bud only 3 flowered last year. This year they all flowered and are much larger so I’m hoping for a bumper crop next year. All my plants exploded this past 4-6 weeks due to all the rain we got all winter. this is year 3 for all my trees and avocado trees really take 5-7 years down here to start really producing 

Next year I should be in great shape with my avocados but my citrus & peach tree are so overrun with fruit that I’ve had to thin some branches so they didn’t break 

Troble mates grow plenty of avo’s around here. Mulch them heavily and they will return for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Yum @Troble.  Your pork tenderloin looks perfectly moist.  Here we are having a surfeit of asparagus.  I planted 30 crowns five years ago and it means we have a steady stream of asparagus for about 8  weeks.  Yummy but I am running out of recipes to try!  A simple pan fry like yours is looking very attractive for yesterday's crop.  

• Thanks 1

@tekobo I am a big fan of using the half grate for indirect cooking of the meat then reverse searing on the cast iron pan with some Irish butter. While the meat is resting I cook the veg usually carrots or asparagus in the leftover pan juices. 

Edited by Troble
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The KK has been quiet for a couple of months as we were travelling for 6 weeks, and prior to that clearing the freezer of leftovers to leave some space for the house sitter…

Finally had a chance to fire it up today for Mother’s Day- my partner loves a scotch fillet steak, so I made her surf and turf with prawns done in a cast iron pan with chilli, garlic, parsley and shed loads of butter. A great success!

048E7DB6-1221-4623-A6BC-BE6B5C26BD25.jpeg

31B5608A-0980-415E-9481-465F06C0AE35.jpeg

8DEB3FC2-85E9-47B3-8178-7AF43C34DC41.jpeg

• Like 10

Wife asked for brisket, Caesar salad & mashed potatoes for Mother’s Day. That what she got 

still working on my Peruvian brisket. This was a big step forward. Made a run with a packet of aji armarillo, aji panca, salt, cumin & black pepper 

made a marinade of soy sauce, pisco, aji armarillo paste and rubbed that on the meat before using the dry rub. Let sit 36 hours 

also used the soy sauce mixture to “mop” the brisket instead of spraying it with apple juice like I normally do. Turned out good. Little soy sauce heavy but had a nice spicy kick on the bark. Wife & mother in law liked it and my girls inhaled it. Happy Mothers Day!

IMG_6079.jpeg

IMG_6078.jpeg

IMG_6074.jpeg

IMG_6075.jpeg

• Like 8

Rotisserie chicken - olive oil, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, garlic, rosemary & thyme. Irish butter tucked under skin on top of breast meat 

roasted potatoes- olive oil, truffle salt? Garlic, black pepper, rosemary & thyme 

roasted baby carrots - Irish butter, chicken juices, salt, pepper 

IMG_6130.jpeg

IMG_6129.jpeg

IMG_6128.jpeg

• Like 10

13 hours ago, Troble said:

Rotisserie chicken - olive oil, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, garlic, rosemary & thyme. Irish butter tucked under skin on top of breast meat 

roasted potatoes- olive oil, truffle salt? Garlic, black pepper, rosemary & thyme 

roasted baby carrots - Irish butter, chicken juices, salt, pepper 

IMG_6130.jpeg

That's my kind of serving size!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1