DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

alimac, I know what you mean, pretty soon you will forget you have a kitchen stove. :smt046
Looking forward to seeing your beef ribs. If I get my act together I'm going to roast a pumpkin today. It will be for soup.

My wife was travelling for work last week, I didn’t use the stove or oven once the whole time she was away :) KK all the way!

Have you ever roasted a whole pumpkin in the KK? I saw on a program here called food safari fire there was one episode where they stuffed a whole pumpkin with all sorts and then roasted it in a hole in the ground that they then covered up, can’t see any reason that wouldn’t work in the KK?

5 hours ago, alimac23 said:

My wife was travelling for work last week, I didn’t use the stove or oven once the whole time she was away :) KK all the way!

Have you ever roasted a whole pumpkin in the KK? I saw on a program here called food safari fire there was one episode where they stuffed a whole pumpkin with all sorts and then roasted it in a hole in the ground that they then covered up, can’t see any reason that wouldn’t work in the KK?

No, but I have roasted a whole squash before, just punched a hole  in the top. It cooked just fine but it was just like doing it in the oven( you know that appliance that is taking up space in your kitchen. :smt003), today I should pick up more smoking and it should be more caramelized. I hope. ;) 

• Like 1

Sometimes the simple things are best.  Tonight we started dinner with rocket (arugula to the Americans) and three different types of cured meat: KK smoked cured goose breast, proscuitto and capocollo.  

fullsizeoutput_1042.thumb.jpeg.c8432915ae374903757da5fe6ac245f6.jpeg

Followed by grilled quail.  They look so small and vulnerable being cooked but they are so so so tasty!  Shout out to Movida Next Door in Melbourne for introducing us to how wonderful the quail can be.

LMhQig0PRqqyz0Z4a08LCQ.thumb.jpg.d736d54d1bd2e69dd02fcb06f75fdc73.jpg

fullsizeoutput_103e.thumb.jpeg.cafefe83cd47c319da0f437f2db7c05f.jpeg

• Like 4