Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Bruce Pearson said:

Yum yum yum another Mac deliciosos lunch

Bruce, you hit the  nail on the head, thanks. :-D

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This brisket dinner was from last evening's dinner, some goooood leftovers. :) 

The brisket was cooked at the Smoke House down the road.

619291820_ABrisketDinner.thumb.jpg.d167700306e9d14e1c119041daacf4cc.jpg

Look at what came in the mail today, can't wait to try some of these.

587835667_SpiceOrder.thumb.jpg.998ff1b15e7125d2a3e1e2ad54924b6e.jpg

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice basket of goodies there, MacKenzie! Other than the Chimi mix, I probably have all those others in my fridge/pantry right now (but from different sources.) Toss up for me between the Aleppo and Gochu-Garu as my "go to" hot pepper these days. 

Try the green peppercorns in a salad dressing for fruit salads - yogurt, honey, mint, green peppercorns and Grand Marnier. Very tasty. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2018 at 3:44 AM, Pequod said:

Naturally leavened focaccia. Topped with super high quality fresh pressed olive oil, fresh rosemary, sea salt, tomatoes, kalamata olives. The Italian grandmother in me is shouting, Mangia!

41CE5737-2ED8-4D57-B900-CD4B4D14BAE7.thumb.jpeg.db7292c2477cda9fd2c91389db04c0a8.jpeg

Beautiful bake..
Argh, I can't seem to get the image with this baked in the KK to open..   LOL
Would love to post this on Instagram.. the app that wants to be fed good content everyday..

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DennisLinkletter said:

Beautiful bake..
Argh, I can't seem to get the image with this baked in the KK to open..   LOL
Would love to post this on Instagram.. the app that wants to be fed good content everyday..

Will have to see what I can do. Early sunsets have impacted my ability to get outdoor cooking pics with decent light.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cooked Steven Raichlen’s Sriracha Maple drumsticks tonight, such a simple recipe but so tasty!

Started off with a bit of salt, pepper and chilli flakes on the drummies, then onto the KK.

1f1568a867b3e6ac0b314f2661cd444d.jpg

Meanwhile, back inside I made the sauce.

6dae7baf54cc6a44ac757c63f009305c.jpg

After the drummies have nearly cooked, glaze them with a little of the sauce and then cook for a further 10 minutes to let it set.

274eb3b1cd580b37d06ac242e977ced9.jpg

d64412256f4eda51c19c9ad57e804e06.jpg

Nice and simple Saturday cook, but tons of flavour.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alimac, love the look of that dinner and I think you liked the taste of it even more. :smt060


Thanks Mac I sure did, all of the recipes from Steven Raichlen that I have tried have been great, gotta start working through more.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alimac23 said:

 


Thanks Mac I sure did, all of the recipes from Steven Raichlen that I have tried have been great, gotta start working through more.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

I agree and you are doing them justice. It looks tasty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've done that Raichlen recipe and agree it is simple, but very, very good. Most of his recipes are top notch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2019 at 4:57 PM, tony b said:

Nice basket of goodies there, MacKenzie! Other than the Chimi mix, I probably have all those others in my fridge/pantry right now (but from different sources.) Toss up for me between the Aleppo and Gochu-Garu as my "go to" hot pepper these days. 

Try the green peppercorns in a salad dressing for fruit salads - yogurt, honey, mint, green peppercorns and Grand Marnier. Very tasty. 

Tony, I had the Aleppo on my egg this morning, it was very good but just now I did a finger taste of the Serrano and WOW, I'd better use it sparingly. My lips are still stinging.:-D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been wanting a nice bowl of chicken noodle soup so last evening was the time to do it. Found some nice KK roasted chicken in the freezer. Got out the slow cooker, first time in years and years. Added some celery, shallots, onion, carrots, Aleppo pepper, black pepper and chicken stock. Let that run for a few hours then added the chicken. Today heated it up and added some noodles. Mm-mm good.

1277205790_KKChickenNoodleSoup.thumb.jpg.f8990b43a42aedd676e50bab43069373.jpg

1896305133_ChickenNoodleSoup.thumb.jpg.931586632c171e7f60522b5b950a6e2a.jpg

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

I've been wanting a nice bowl of chicken noodle soup so last evening was the time to do it. Found some nice KK roasted chicken in the freezer. Got out the slow cooker, first time in years and years. Added some celery, shallots, onion, carrots, Aleppo pepper, black pepper and chicken stock. Let that run for a few hours then added the chicken. Today heated it up and added some noodles. Mm-mm good.

 

 

 

looks outstanding!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×