DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Glad that I got in my cook last night. Karma's a bitch sometimes! Woke up this morning to a new 6" of the white stuff, on top of what we already had gotten on Saturday.

20190123_074647.thumb.jpg.a91f36760da5d6d7458b8500645eb0bf.jpg

20190123_112025.thumb.jpg.f201228296c5199e08bc2c161226ec0f.jpg

At least it's sunny today and barely any wind, so snowblowing the drive and walk wasn't too terrible. Wind is supposed to pick up later, dropping the windchills below zero. So, probably not going to grill out tonight! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 1/23/2019 at 9:13 AM, tony b said:

Snow, bah! Can't let a bit of snow keep you from grilling. The forecast was wrong (surprise!) and the snow storm didn't pan out this afternoon (we'll see if the overnight snow will be a make-up for the afternoon!) Fired up the KK to do a Mojo marinated pork tenderloin. 

1592031470_SnowyDayMojoPorkLoin001.thumb.jpg.78e6d679eb807adf5c5ac0e6e91e79ae.jpg

Keep on grillin'!! 

Tony.. I know you use a cover but for those of you who don't..  If you are not cooking, it's really best to keep them covered. The cold or snow is not an issue but the repetitive freeze thaw cycles and if one does not maintain the integrity of the acrylic waterproof jacket,  water getting into the insulation and freezing can be a problem.  You will know if your acrylic jacket is leaking because it will blow steam vapor when taken over 550ºf.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2