DennisLinkletter

New High Temp Hot face Finish

The guys at Harbinson Walker came up with a process and new material that enables us to fill bubbles on the refractory hot face..

As we all know the white cosmetic plaster we've been using eventually flakes and peels off.. This is fused to the hot face with heat in the factory..

I like the color also..

KK-Newlining.jpg

KK-Newlining2.jpg

KK-Newlining3.jpg

I'm in the same boat FM. The inside of my KK looks just like yours only seasoned. :D My sense is that any KK could have this applied to the interior once the interior was properly prepared (cleaned). However, having seen the construction of the KK up close and personal like, this coating appears more cosmetic than anything. I'll bet you can't tell the difference between the inside of my/your KK and the newly coated units after about a dozen cooks!

Now put that bad boy to work for you! I'm curious to see what your first cook will be! :D

I wondered what FM was talkin about. I mean, MY complexion would not benefit from Harbison Walker magic elixir... So, FM wouldn't need to bag it and send it to ME.

Somehow, I think it would look a bit contrived, what with my dark hair and all...

Dennis' lack of coffee (and glasses) explains much... :happy8:

I wondered what FM was talkin about. I mean, MY complexion would not benefit from Harbison Walker magic elixir... So, FM wouldn't need to bag it and send it to ME.

Somehow, I think it would look a bit contrived, what with my dark hair and all...

Dennis' lack of coffee (and glasses) explains much... :happy8:

Ditto!!! I'm too glad that's cleared up, I wondered the same thing. :D

Sanny don't need no Harbison Walker for her complexion for sure! :smt054

Re: New High Temp Hot face Finish

You got it.. I'll bag some up and send it out to you..

Is that M64?

:wink:

But seriously... does this have to be applied to a pristine cooker or could it be used to clean up/seal something a bit... older?

I'll have to ask the HW guys.. But I'd assume you would need to do some benign degreasing first...