maherussell

Harvest Gold finally at home

After a long trip with the Seychelles Navy rubber ducky (Thanks JDBower!!), my KK has arrived.

gx1vwTG9.jpg

A couple of minor problems that will get fixed. Noticed my thermometer is not there. I'm sure some sea going Scalywag appropriated it for his own prosperity, after seeing such a beautiful piece of art on the high seas. His karma is sure to be his Butt on a grill for pulling!

Dennis couldn't even find tiles that are all the same size? :)

If you're doing low and slows you may be able to source a low temperature thermometer locally as a stop-gap until your replacement arrives. Of course if you have a Guru/Stoker you may not even need that.

Glad the rubber ducky made it there finally, now you can experiment with all that local smoke wood and tell us how it goes!

No low and slows for now.

Actually, I'm stuck. Something as simple as a thermometer for cooking you will not find here. A lot of things I used to take for granted, I realize are a luxury when your on a little island like this. Most items are imported and are inflated in price. I am going to fire her up anyway and wing it. And no, I am not going to post anything because I am sure it will be disastrous. I really don't care though as I want to fire her up. I could use some machine screws right not for something, but only wood screws are available. :mad:

She is set in a temporary place for now, but I hope to have her in a more elegant setting later in the year.

you'll soon figure out the times,and relative temps with a little trial and error. Don't worry about the therm., I'm sure DL will get you one. Your gonna be the Luke Skywalker of KK's! And as other Jedi's here on this board will tell you "let the meat tell you when it's done". Your KK looks great, now's a good time to set up an exercise regimen, you'll need it not too far down the road!!

I'm glad to hear that you are not going to wait until you get a thermometer to fire up you new KK! You can always use your hand to help determine the grill temp - here are a few sites to help you out:

http://bbqrecipes.wordpress.com/2008/08 ... your-hand/

http://bbq-expert.com/bbq-tips/determin ... your-hand/

So cook with confidence and show us some pics! That's a great looking KK!