TheFlyingChef

Fairfield, CT Pallet share anyone?

Pallet Share

FlyingChef,

I'm expecting! (yeah, it's sorta like a baby); maybe this week...

Looking for fuel and located near Middletown NY, not all that far away from you. Interested in perhaps 10-20 boxes. Storage is not so much the problem. I'm more concerned how the fuel will 'keep'. 20 boxes seems like a lot of fuel for a weekend warrior. :)

Let me know what you think we might do... and of course if others in the area are interested let's get together!

Charcoal order

Here is an email i received.

"I had ordered 600lbs (the first price break level) which came out to be 28 boxes, next time around I'll probably go for the second shipping price break at 1000lbs or ~45 boxes to see what the shipping ends up being. My problem was that they ship to NYC and then need to subcontract out to a local shipper to get it to New England - I don't know if CT would have the same problem."

You wanted 20 boxes to 28 boxes. I think we can get an order together.

Thanks

Re: Pallet Share

I'm more concerned how the fuel will 'keep'.

While this stuff is, of course, fairly new some similar stuff from another company lasts for many years as long as you keep it dry. I wouldn't be surprised if it was essentially the same stuff after 3-5 years as long as you keep it away from moisture.

I think I bought 15 boxes or so last summer. I think I have used 2 of them, and gave one away. I keep them in my garage, right up near the door. Even though its humid here in the summer, and it has been known to rain daily, they store well since each box contains a sealed plastic bag. No mold either, as the product was dry before being packaged. 8)

Charcoal cost

Got this info from The Man:

"The charcoal is $12.50 per 22lb box. ($27 for pallet)

Residential lift gate delivery is $472 for 950 lbs / 40 boxes on a pallet

To terminal or business with loading dock or forklift will be $375"

;-)

Dennis

---------------

I am interested in 20 boxes (more or less) and will work with others in the NY NJ CT area to bring in a 950lb shipment either to NYC or a mutually agreeable centrally located site.

Flyingchef, I think you and I could do this... if you know of another person that wants to join in that would be fine with me too. Let me know how you want to proceed.

Re: Charcoal cost

Residential lift gate delivery is $472 for 950 lbs / 40 boxes on a pallet

I don't know if there is an option for residential non-lift gate delivery, but unlike a kk, there is absolutely no need for a lift gate for the charcoal boxes.

IIRC, I paid for liftgate delivery, but the driver called from a semi with no lift gate. We met at a parking lot and we loaded 600ish lbs into a minivan. In my case, the boxes were not on a pallet so it's not like 600lbs had to come off the trailer at one time.

I'm guessing each box weighs less than a Webster's unabridged dictionary, if such things still exist.

However, I don't know if residential delivery is available without paying for a lift gate.

Re: Charcoal cost

However' date=' I don't know if residential delivery is available without paying for a lift gate.[/quote']

A good point, I was able to get my KKs delivered without a liftgate in a very residential area (I have access to a forklift) so it's definitely worth looking into. In a pinch make sure you've got a box cutter on hand to remove shrink wrap and a friend to help unload in case the driver is a bit too...surly. If you can unload onto something about 3-4' high or into a pickup truck that makes the process much quicker as well.