Bommer

My new Bentley has arrived

Unless the cooker is going to live in on the tile next to the oriental carpet (and I don't see why it wouldn't want to), a Johnnyboy cover for your cooker is a perfect thing.

Shoot - it's perfect even if it IS living in with the oriental carpets. Bet Johnnyboy could make you a matching cover for the carpet! :wink:

Thanks, Looking forward to cooking on my new KK a lot. Already did a pork butt, ribs and some chicken. Sorry, no pics yet. I need to get the hang of it...been smoking for 35 years now, the KK is very different from my Bradley..On the slow rib cook, fire was so low it did not give as much smoke as I am used too. I guess I need to use dryer wood and more of it, so it will start easier.

Dave

You don't need to soak the wood for a KK, you can either use large chunks or, if you have chips, you can use a smoke pot. A smoke pot is essentially any metal contraption that restricts the oxygen, you want to "cook" the smoke out of the wood but not burn it. And afterwords you get nice chunks of lump.

this reheats and burns off the remaining volatiles in the sm

You don't need to soak the wood for a KK' date=' you can either use large chunks or, if you have chips, you can use a smoke pot. A smoke pot is essentially any metal contraption that restricts the oxygen, you want to "cook" the smoke out of the wood but not burn it. And afterwords you get nice chunks of lump.[/quote']

The smoke pot also lets you direct the smoke downwards towards the coals.. this reheats and burns off the remaining volatiles in the smoke which can leave a bitter flavor giving you a smoother smoke flavor..

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.