cruzmisl

What do you use to clean your cooker?

Some things are better left alone :)

I keep mine scraped clean with a grillfloss, but they stay black. The most important thing to keep them clean is remember to lightly oil them before each cook. That will make them very easy to knock off any charred bits and keep your food from sticking.

I spent an hour pressure washing mine to get them shiny again and trust me, it's not happening! I also had to oil them up after that as it allowed a little pitting to start forming.

I use the grill floss, and a scotch brite pad, usually with just soap and water. Dennis uses some very high quality stainless grates, and I'm not afraid to occasionally use EasyOff oven cleaner, only at the store though. We then use soap and water and a bleach sanitizer(code!)in a triple compartment sink. At home the grill floss and a grill brush works well. I use the Magic Eraserfor the tile and stainless band around the top. The first time I used it I was scrubbing with it and using it dry(thinking it was like a real eraser!)and it worked pretty well. After the first one wore out I read the directions. It works a whole lot better if you follow the instructions!