Big Poppa

I love the KK Check these Filets out!

Ok a little garlic pepper seasoning salt and sear on lower shelf at 700

rest for 20 minutes finish at 400 on upper shelf....(In the first pic is also a bone in strip...for the wife also came out great)

IMG_0256.jpgIMG_0257.jpg

Thanks Dennis for such a great product. It is so rare that when you get something in this day and age that you know that your grandkids will be still using.

Gotta agree with Big Poppa on KK steaks!! Did my first rib eyes last night - two boneless ones, each slightly under a lb and about 1" thick. I had a rip roaring fire going with the Tru-Tel off the scale. Steaks were dried for 4 days, brought to room temp and rubbed with olive oil, S&P. Closed the draft door just before I put the steaks on the sear grill and left the lid open. 90 sec on the first side and 60 sec on the other and they're done to perfection - 121 on the Thermapen -crispy on the outside and moist and juicy on the inside!!

We can't wait to have them again!!!

I know, I know :pics: !! But my husband was leaving on a fly fishing excursion for carp in PA and had already packed the camera.

Susan

I got the big ones one in matte black for my main house in the desert and one is gloss black at my summer home...that sounds terrible but it gets pretty hot in the desert...

I have the bug so bad I have big drums and tons of pellet cookers too

I have a guru for my primo but havent put it on the kk as I want to be able to do everything without it and then I will go the automated way

I wish I had just bought the KK first.....

When Dennis decides to sell the smaller older models at a crazy price Lookout!

Great looking Filets!

Big Poppa,

I haven't received my KK yet, but I plan on making many, many filets. Yours look incredible! It's 8:30 AM as I write this and I want one for breakfast, now! (When does my butcher shop open? My local butcher shop moved from Seattle's Pike Place Market to Renton. Lucky me!)

Would it be possible for you to describe you steps on changing the temp from the searing 700 degrees to the dwell of 400 degrees? Also, did you use a heat deflector during the dwell? (I assume you throttled the airflow...)

Britt

we have Finney on board here now and I have been experimenting with his technique and I think it gets more flavor than my way but I am basically using the t rex method (see najked Whiz for details_ the KK is so responsive that you just pull the steaks to rest after sear and throttle down the bottom and top and wait for 400 Take note of the internal temp of the meat when you put them back on the kk....lets say they are 115...I pulled these at 135.....so at about 125 I turned them and pulled at 135 I split the difference between the starting internal and the desired finishing internal then they rest for about ten minutes or seo and dig in

we have Finney on board here now and I have been experimenting with his technique and I think it gets more flavor than my way but I am basically using the t rex method (see najked Whiz for details_ the KK is so responsive that you just pull the steaks to rest after sear and throttle down the bottom and top and wait for 400 Take note of the internal temp of the meat when you put them back on the kk....lets say they are 115...I pulled these at 135.....so at about 125 I turned them and pulled at 135 I split the difference between the starting internal and the desired finishing internal then they rest for about ten minutes or seo and dig in

Big Poppa,

I'm never going to argue against a good looking/ tasting steak no matter how it was cooked. And those look great!