AstrosDad

Pizza - making pre-baked crust.

I've just started making pizza in the KK. WOW!

We are having a family gathering at my sister's house (away from the KK). We wanted to do pizza at her place. Has anyone done a pre-baked pizza crust on the KK and then had a successful "warm up"

in an oven?

Any tips or tricks are appreciated.

Re: Pizza - making pre-baked crust.

I've just started making pizza in the KK. WOW!

We are having a family gathering at my sister's house (away from the KK). We wanted to do pizza at her place. Has anyone done a pre-baked pizza crust on the KK and then had a successful "warm up"

in an oven?

Any tips or tricks are appreciated.

I havent tried it on a KK, but I would probably half-bake the whole pizza, which will melt it and hold it all together, then finish it off in the oven to brown it when you get there.

Some of it depends on the flavor you're going after as well. In Jersey often the best pizza wasn't the stuff right out of the oven, but the pie that's been sitting on the counter aging to perfection for who knows how long and then popped back into a piping hot oven for a few minutes. Sometimes I'd order a pie the day before I wanted it and keep it in the fridge so I could reheat it one slice at a time on my little oven pizza stone. Obviously some toppings work better with this than others, but real NJ pizza is great with just cheese :)