Hitman

EZ soaking pan

Saw this idea mentioned in another thread, went right out and tried it. The 24" diameter plastic pan is sold at Home Depot, Lowes, and other hardware outlets as a water heater drain pan. It has a one-inch drain plug, but you will need to get a one-inch PVC cap as well.

95813107.jpg

Works well, is shallow enough that the water will just cover the grill grate. I added some white vinegar as well, let it soak overnight.

21967102.jpg

Just a minute with a standard wire grill brush got the grill pretty clean. I also cleaned the heat deflector base with a little Bon Ami.

62174219.jpg

I would find the greasy water and mess that came from the pan more problematic that the black on the grates. Fire is a pretty good sterilizer, and a little mechanical help from a grill floss gets rid of anything that could attach to your food.

If they really need to be rinsed, then I could hang them out on the hook and let the rains handle it.

Im a neat freak too, so I can fully relate to your compulsion...Im just glad i dont have this particular one :D

Now the drip pans, or HD liner (which i only use as a smaller drip pan), they get cleaned out and run through the dishwasher after use.