TraderRick

Ash Tool

I'll try again

Just ordered a 5 pack of drywall filter bags, we shall see how that works out! They also have a super HEPA cartridge filter, above and beyond the regular cartridge, but I'll try the regular cartridge that I have in conjunction with the drywall filter. The vac is a very quick, clean and thorough clean out.

Firemonkey, you should have seen us at the end of the day sheetrocking!! We looked like white caked aborigines, it was hilarious. All that drywall dust stuck to our hot Texas sweated out bodies. We had to take the backside of our keyhole saws and scrape as much off as we could before we got in our vehicles to go home. One day I was sheetrocking a heater closet. It's the worst. Your in a tiny little closet with no room to move, trying to swing a hammer and it's 150 degrees in there. I came out of there pissed as I could be and said, "F--- this, I'm going to be an Ophthalmologist!!" And proceeded to do exactly what it took to do just that. It was rewarding to do a good job, though. And I learned what it took to run a business because it was my crew, I was the boss. This was all while I was in college, as Zoology major. Hmm, I rambled there...

If your filter is so gunked up that you do want to replace it' date=' I would not buy one from Shop Vac. Check out Cleanstream instead. They have a much better build quality and the filters are coated so that dust does not stick.
I'll second the Cleanstream endorsement, I had pretty much given up on my ShopVacs (dust redistribution systems) then I got Cleanstream and they are everything they say, 5 stars. :!:

Rainbow

I remember using a devise that used a vac and a 5 gallon bucket filled with water for drywall sanding. Kinda like a giant bong' date='whatever that is. Anyway it worked great at keeping the dust out of the first and second floors when I was finishing the basement.[/quote']

Must be where Rainbow got their idea!!!!

"bong, what ever that is" Yea right Primeats!!! I couldn't tell you either..... :smt016:lmao: