Syzygies

Dolly celebrates her 16th birthday

Killian My bestest friend for 14 years

Happy Bday to you Dollly.. You got a great thing going.. give her a hug for me..

This is my Killian... She was the sweetest Akita ever. Never barked outside of play her whole life.

Lost her in March after the best 14 years I could have asked for. When I went out or left town, she sat by the door and waited for me. When I was in the house, she never was more than 3 feet away from me.. 110% love.

Here are some of my favorite shots of her.. notice how she went grey with me..

n1019964350_419938_7192105.jpg

n1019964350_419937_4577773.jpg

n1019964350_419933_3827177.jpg

n1019964350_419934_4963629.jpg

n1019964350_419936_4044174.jpg

Rescue

We don't get over it. Yet, we continue to rescue and save them, setting ourselves up for that pain once again. Their salvation is more important than our feelings, obviously. I urge you all to rescue, not buy from a breeder. Several million dogs a year are not rescued, but euthanized, in America. You can save one or several.

Joy!

See Dixie there in my avatar? I heard about her purely by chance one Friday, and was told she was going to be killed the next day. I called the pound, up in Dallas, and said don't do it. I'll come get her tomorrow. We couldn't get there by closing time, so I talked the director into keeping a tech there, to let us in to adopt her. We had to pre do all the paperwork and have it ready there with the tech. I was on call and couldn't make the four hour trip, so my wife went with her sister. She tipped the tech $100. for staying late, and gave another C note to the pound. Apparently, her previous owners moved, and left her chained to the fence. She was near death because the pounds don't give vet care to dogs they figure are going to be killed anyway. I can understand that. She is totally rehabbed and healthy, and a great part of our six pack! It's inconceivable to think she might have been killed, and not part of our pack/family. For those of you who haven't rescued, the absolute joy this will bring to your life can't be put into words. You rescuers know what I mean!