DennisLinkletter

Three different types of Side Tables available..

That turned out to be a great idea FM!

Nice turnaround on your part Dennis! One comment, I would suggest moving the hangers closer to the outside of the table frame. This will accomplish two things - 1) You will have less of the table and frame sticking up from the mounting bracket. This will allow for the bulk of the table to sit down in the curved area at the base of the KK. Johnny will end up using less fabric to cover the stowed table(s) when making the Jammies. 2) If the hangers are moved as close to the outside bolt hole as possible, then the hanger will be exposed enough to hang some tools from while cooking on the KK. Now the hanger is important because it stows your tables and when in the upright and usable position, you can use it to hang your spatula, tongs, etc... Perhaps better yet, does it make sense to put some stainless steel hooks on the table arms to hang multiple tools from when the tables are in use? 4 or 5 hooks would be plenty on the front facing table support to hang everything needed to cook on the KK! Just a thought...

One last comment - I am about 99% sure that one of the brackets will fit underneath the Jammies that were designed for the "naked" KK. That same cover will not fit with the stowed table. Sorry, at least I am sure of that in my case. Both brackets may fit under the same Jammie designed for the "naked" KK, but I am not certain on that. For that we will need a measurement. (Or a trial run which I am still happy to do!) lol

Hey Johnnyboy - You may want to consider a retrofit kit for the Jammie owners that already invested in a cover but now need it expanded to make room for the new toys!

Nice work Dennis and Good thinking FM! 8)

Ditto Condo suggestion for moving the hooks. I was wanting to suggest the same idea for same reasons.

I'm not sure what I could send a customer to retro fit their cover with. If the bottom of the cover (opening) won't fit over the brackets, there's not much I can think of to send outside of more Sunbrella and my sewing machine!!

I'm not sure what I could send a customer to retro fit their cover with. If the bottom of the cover (opening) won't fit over the brackets' date=' there's not much I can think of to send outside of more Sunbrella and my sewing machine!![/quote']

Heh Heh - Johnny, what I meant was for you to craft a kit that you could readily use when folks send their Jammies back to you for retrofitting to accommodate the tables. ;)

Just as a data point, my standard Johhny Jammies will fit over the two folding table FRAMES when folded down, but it doesn't just drop over.

You have to work it back and forth a couple of times to get it lined up jus right, then it slips down over them.

The larger size will definitely be an improvement.

Mike

Just as a data point, my standard Johhny Jammies will fit over the two folding table FRAMES when folded down, but it doesn't just drop over.

You have to work it back and forth a couple of times to get it lined up jus right, then it slips down over them.

The larger size will definitely be an improvement.

Mike

Point taken. With the new KK table design storing the tables hanging inverted will help ease the cover installation.

I like the fixed table idea' date=' primarily because it fits in my budget :) What about some rotisserie action though, does it still work. [/quote']

Of course..

I'd really love to be able to get a full stainless set up though. Seems easier to clean.

The German CNC guys are the best but they are also too damn expensive. (the best always is;-) The CNC laser cut and bent metal is really necessary to set the quality bar high for the whole Gen II but is not really necessary for the side tables..

This high bar requires I offer matching best and baddest quality side tables.

But now I have two in-house built more affordable but still Komodo quality tables.

fetch?id=66816

Re: Question about teak....

I know you say it will silver if left outside. Can/should you put a finish on them to prevent weathering if left outside and to avoid stains from grease/food/soot/etc.?
I stained mine and then used a satin spar varnish which protect from UV (and silvering). It does need a fresh coat or two each season. However, really wish I had thought of using a black wood stain instead. Maybe next time. -=J

post-6427-139082394262_thumb.jpg

Re: Question about teak....

I stained mine and then used a satin spar varnish which protect from UV (and silvering). It does need a fresh coat or two each season. However' date=' really wish I had thought of using a black wood stain instead. Maybe next time. -=J[/quote'] Just a note.. This solid wood design was replaced with this slatted design.. ;) ;) fetch?id=66818

post-6370-139082394297_thumb.jpg

Re: Three different types of Side Tables available..

I like the aesthetic of the wood tables, but they get filthy and nasty from grease, sparks, splashed and spilled marinade and sauces etc. I guess stainless would be super expensive, and not as warm looking as wood, but very cleanable. Maybe a dark stain and a heavy polyurethane top coat would repel/hide some of the filth. Those stained tables look pretty good!

Re: Three different types of Side Tables available..

Several years ago I read an article in wood magazine about outdoor finishes.Mother nature plays havoc with them,to my knowledge the best finish that they have come up with is called (SIKKENS),they were useing it on the exterior of log cabins,check it out on the puter and a good paint store.A little late but I hope it helps.