LarryR

The Real Deal

I've had my KK for about a month now and I've got to tell you it's more than lived up to the "hype." Until you get in front of one and see the quality of these cookers you really don't appreciate how great this cooker is. The quality, materials and attention to detail that goes into making one of these is amazing.

Dennis couldn't have been more helpful in answering my MANY questions and was extremely patient as I made my decision. Even called the evening I received her just to make sure I was happy. Talk about customer service.

I've done a lot of grilling and smoking and I can honestly say the Komodo Kamado is the best piece of equipment I've ever cooked on. Just when I thought I'd had some personal bests off the grill/smoker along comes the Komodo Kamado.

If you're reading these posts trying to make-up your mind on moving forward with a purchase my advice is DO IT, you'll never look back.

Here's a slide show of a few of my favorite pictures, I'll be sure to update as I go alone my KK journey - SLIDESHOW

Practicing Safe Komodo Kamadoing

Hey Larry' date=' you be doin some serious cooking there Bud!!! Great slide show. All looks so good. Enjoyed the cover shot too, looks great.[/quote']

Thanks, I've been having a lot of fun and eating pretty good too. Haven't been able to cook all week and I'm Jonesing for a cook! Hopefully after little league and a school carnival tomorrow I'll throw a couple steaks on. I figure if you're going own the best grill you should put the best cover on her.

My guess' date=' the WSM goes to a friend, family member, resale. Or maybe relegated to secondary backup for a really big party cook.[/quote']

Part with a grill, never! I have a 17 yo Weber gas grill that when my SO told me she'd buy me a new gasser if I got rid of this one I told her no way and I REBUILT it. The WSM will remain in my arsenal of grills primary used as you say as a secondary smoker used for large party cooks and as a travel smoker. Nothing like showing-up to Thanksgiving with your own smoker. Still got a lot of cooks in that gal.

Let there be a teachable moment here...

The 17 year old gasser was worth rebuilding... the WSM is worth keeping, and might even see backup duty. But not the Richard Johnson Kamado, that one had to go because it wouldnt have seen anymore use (and probably would have fallen apart) :twisted:

It doesnt get much clearer than that :lol: