joebyk

request for advice re komodo vs other kamadas

I find myself telling people almost on a daily basis why some people will buy a Sears Kenmore oven/range and some will buy a Wolf. They will both bake cookies and bread, but the wolf range can be passed to a future generation. The green egg is a fine cooker, I saw a Bayou Classic cooker at Lowe's the other day, and it's not put together very well at all. In fact it looks like a toy! Dennis has overcome all other cooker shortcomings on the market today,including the Egg and every Chinese made knock-off kamado cooker on the market .I researched buying a ceramic cooker for two years and had to do a great sales job on my wife to even consider a KK. My friend and fellow BBQ enthusiast across town from me sells the Egg...nice unit, too small for my needs and, to be honest, are butt-ugly.Dennis can fill you in on the details of why the walls of the cooker are so thick, the firebox is in two pieces, the grates are 3/8ths SS, and there are only two options to add on to the unit besides a rotisserie basket from another manufacturer. Look at the forum directory to find a local owner and they will be happy to show you what it's all about.

Re: request for advice re komodo vs other kamadas

Will be buying a k cooker. Can anyone tell me or point to a link why the komodo is substantially better at a 3-4x price of primo, bull, green egg, dragonfire, etc.?

Thanks in advance.

The same difference as between a BMW and a Yugo

It is really hard to compare these grills because nothing compares to a Komodo. I have owned a primo, and the lid has broken twice. I had to pay to have a new one shipped to me. Therefore, 4 years ago I made the decision that I would save and buy a Komodo, and after owning it for about 5 months it was a great decision. This thing is like a german car with no compromises anywhere. The quality of the Komodo is truly unbelievable. The customer support by Dennis is top notch. You will truly not find a better product or support.

Curtis