Keytickler

Secret for fantastic ribs

Brine them if you want before.

Use the rub of your choice. and let them sit with the rub after removing from the brine for awhile.

Cook low and slow indirect 250-300 F using a rib rack. for about 3 hours.

Baste lightly with your favorite BBQ sauce if you like for the last 20 minutes of cooking.

Here's the secret: Take the ribs off the grill when done, wrap them in foil, and put them in a brown paper grocery bag for about 1 hour while you prepare the rest of the meal.

The ribs stay hot, and when you unwrap them before serving they will be succulent. Add sauce if desired as a condiment at this point.

You will not be disappointed!

Props to Primeats for excellent ribs which I purchased from his shop last weekend.

Keytickler

I use a standard recipe of 1 qt water' date=' 1/4 cup kosher salt, 1/4 cup brown sugar and occasionally a crushed garlic. Rinse well after. For ribs, about 1-2 hrs to my taste.[/quote']

I agree. When I first tried a brine on some baby backs, my container was only large enough to hold 2 of the 3 racks that came in the package. There was a noticeable difference in the brined racks from the un-brined rack, and they were all cooked identically at the same time.

I have brined every rack of ribs I have cooked since then, too.