DennisLinkletter

Say Goodbye to this Red forum

Re: Say Goodbye to this Red forum

I have messages sitting in my outbox that have not been sent' date=' one from Nov. 2009. How do you make them go? Most of them have been sent, but a few just sit there.[/quote']

I believe they stay in outbox until they are read.. then they move to sent.

Were any of those replied to?

:|:|

Dennis is correct. Its in your outbox until the recipient opens it, then it becomes sent.

Ah, I just logged in with Chrome and the stuff is there at the bottom. Must be a problem with IE. Anyone know of a setting that could be off?

I think the "setting" that is wrong is the one on your local machine that causes you to use IE ;-)

On a serious note IE has a number of "compatibility" options you can experiment with to see if they make a difference with how the page renders for you. Don't ask me how to access them though as I don't use IE.

I'm using IE 8 also, and cannot see any "subscribe topic" or the line above it at the bottom of the page.

IS there a setting? I, too, would LOVE to be able to go directly to unread posts from the bottom of the page.

Also, is there a setting so then when you DO go to unread posts, that you go to the END of the thread instead of the beginning?

Cheers,

Mike

OK, I found how to display posts in reverse order, which will function, but doesn't have the same feel as simply jumping to the end of the list in ascending order.

Still no joy on seeing the links at the bottom of the page, but I did discover the little "jump to the top" arrow at the right of each post. Sure beats scrolling all the way back to the top!

Cheers,

Mike

I use firefox on my pc and safari on my phone, but you might try the "compatibility mode" in ie8. From memory, there might be a button that looks like a broken piece of paper to the right of your address bar? If not, I think you can set pages to use it in the Internet options, sort of like you can with trusted sites.

A quick google search should show you how

Am I the only one who misses the "Mark all forum posts as 'Read'" button? As someone who checks the forum at least once/day, it was very helpful to see which posts were active, and which of those active posts, were interesting to me. As I would click that button after each time I read posts, I was seeing only those posts that were new.

Any chance of resurrecting that button on this new forum?

Keith

Today I noticed the time being reflected on the forum was one hour fast, at times I'm not too observant. I checked my profile/board preferences/edit global settings and it is accurately setup as Pacific Standard Time. The gotcha was the "Summer Time/DST is in effect" value was set to Yes. I changed the value to No and the forum clock adjusted back to equal local time. Is there a setting within the forum software that can perform this change automatically, based on location and time zone selected? Perhaps you could ask for zipcode and leverage that information as some areas don't recognize DST.

Rick

Today I noticed the time being reflected on the forum was one hour fast, at times I'm not too observant. I checked my profile/board preferences/edit global settings and it is accurately setup as Pacific Standard Time. The gotcha was the "Summer Time/DST is in effect" value was set to Yes. I changed the value to No and the forum clock adjusted back to equal local time. Is there a setting within the forum software that can perform this change automatically, based on location and time zone selected? Perhaps you could ask for zipcode and leverage that information as some areas don't recognize DST.

Rick

We tried to install the Daylight savings mod which was actually written for phoBB 3.0.6 and this forum is 3.0.8 and it did not work.. I will keep an eye out for the upgrade and install it when it arrives..

;);)