SnowyNose

Order placed and now the waiting starts.....

Re: Order placed and now the waiting starts.....

How beautiful is that! The first of many pics to come I'm sure! Start now to make a BBQ schedule! Don't forget the jump rope to help you get in true BBQ shape( your gonna need it to burn off the extra caloric load!).I opted for waiting until after winter...utilizing natural body insulation.

Thanks everyone, I'm very happy with how it looks so far. I can't wait. Johnyboy and I have traded e-mails about a cover. Jumping rope, hmmm. I had planned to start ramping up my caloric intake in preparation; but jump rope may be an alternate approach. :lol:

No longer waiting, it's here!

It's here. It's here. It's here :D:D:D

Unfortunately Mother Nature played a cruel trick on me and delivered 5" of snow on the day my KK was to be delivered which has now turned to ice making the stairs to it's final location almost too slippery to walk on let alone carry my precious KK up. Hopefully by the weekend it will have melted and I can fire it up.

Fresh off the boat & train & truck.

crated_KK.jpg

My new pride and joy.

myKK..jpg

Under one of Johnnyboy's covers.

covered.jpg

Not only are the steps icy but there are icicles everywhere.

icicles.jpg

• Like 1

The weather warmed up enough and I was able to get it into place alongside my now second string Weber.

old_and_new.jpg

Fired it up and put on some burgers.

burgers.jpg

Hot off the grill and ready to eat. They were delicious.

burgers_done.jpg

In hindsight I should have got the charcoal going stronger but they were still tastey just took a little longer.

How right you are, Doc. My Grand Classic 5 burner that I bought from Costco seven years ago is still in great working condition. However, it has not cooked a single item since Mabel took over the patio last summer. I am, indeed, using the old grill to store items. The various grills from Mable stack nicely on the grill of the gasser. The big lid keeps out the elements very well. I think I will fire it up every now and again when I am missing that subtle gassy aroma that our foods used to exude. :lol: