johnnyboy

Pork Shoulder Country Style Ribs

Re: Pork Shoulder Country Style Ribs

Okay, ended up spicing up with: Salt, Pepper, Garlic powder, onion powder, and worstershire sauce. Cooked Indirect with stone and large drip pan with one beer inside. Oven temp 325 F. for 3 hours. Sauced last 30 minutes. Haven't eaten yet but they sure look good, and little taster I had was awesome.

. fetch?id=66734fetch?id=66735

post-6510-139082392497_thumb.jpg

post-6510-139082392501_thumb.jpg

Country Style Ribs are one of my favorite cuts. I use them for a lot of Mexican and Chinese dishes, because they're easy to cut down to the proper size for the recipe, and in braises of all sorts, but to be honest, I've never grilled them! I'll have to give that a try.

Mike

They look great John! Yeah maybe a tad too long, but not that much. two and a half hours maybe? Been a while since I've done them. Those have been cut from the shoulder, just a little bit further down the line from where they usually are cut. Normally they are from the blade end of the pork loin, but the shoulder is the next cut. Kinda like the rib eye is right next to the NY strip. At 1 in the morning these look great, if I eat anything now I'll be up all night, and not in a good way!