DennisLinkletter

Komodo availability - Good & Bad News

Re: Komodo availability - Good & Bad News

I have been remiss in getting this posted.. I actually have photos also but today started in the factory in Java and it's 2:30am and I'm back in Bali.. This day included ice skating with my kids for 2 hours at a mall in Surabaya also

The new Gen 2.4

Has a longer lower latch with a press plate parallel to the body.. this gives you more leverage to press the bearing over the cam to firmly hold the grill closed and airtight.

Has threaded side accessory sleeves and comes with stainless aircraft allen bolts.

The earlier Komodos had bolts sticking out of the grill and came with acorn nuts.

Has the new extruded capital "D" shaped food grade silicone gasket on the lower CNC milled lip.

Has the new knob design with spring loaded airflow control wheel.

Has allen bolts instead of the butterfly bolts to hold on the rear stainless spring cover.

Has another/second rod support dead center across the bottom of the charcoal basket to prevent sagging after years of cooking.

The newest ones have a longer tri-set threaded sleeve to reduce wobbling with the oversized threads in the damper top.

;);););)

The bad news is...... there is no bad news! Great for Dennis the product is flying out of the containers as soon as they clear customs.

Grilling is a year round obsession for us, but particularly during football season, which started today!

Dana

Dennis -

I saw the Komodo that you had at the Porch in Carpinteria,Ca.

I missed being able to buy this one :cry:

What was the tile on that Komodo?

thanks- AMG

That was Matte / Slate Black..

Great color possibly unavailable/discontinued now

:(:(

Now I am really bum'd :cry:

It was here...and I hesitated...not for very long...but long enough for someone else to decide to take it.

When they saw me they said "are you here to look at it again? "

I said "no I want to buy it"

"It's gone....sorry....."......

I said really...I was not sure if I wanted another color....but I soon changed my mind and thought that it was exactly the color I wanted....