GrillDoc

Lighting Looftlighter

Re: Lighting Looftlighter

Up until now I've used a weed torch to light my poor copy of a Komodo, but after watching a couple of Youtube videos on the Looftlighter I decided to buy one.

Living in Australia means we normally pay a huge premium on this type of gadget. I was about to order from Amazon in the states for approx $105.00 including freight when I decided to do a Google search.Third listing down was a local hardware chain Bunnings selling the Looftlighter for $39.99.

That was too good to miss, I gave them a call to make sure they had stock, picked it up yesterday and have already used it twice. What a simply brilliant piece of equipment, the fire is burning in approximately two minutes and you're ready to go.

I won't be using the weed torch again.

John

I tried it last night and it didn't work well at all. Maybe I have a dud, or a wrong expectation. Of course I'm comparing it to a MAPP torch so maybe that's apples and oranges. I held it for some time and it barely got any lump going. I'll try again.

Could someone that has purchased one of these please tell me what voltage range it will work in? Is it 110 only, or is it able to be used up to 240? We are on 230 in Singapore. It should be labeled on the device or plug.

Thanks,

Brian

Nothing on the plug but the following is on the box "120/60 1500"

Used my Looftlighter for the first time tonight for a chicken cook and I've got to say I really like it. Got my fire going in under 2 minutes.

There are different models available depending on where they are sold, the one I purchased here in Australia is 240v, the American model (I assume) is 110v. They don't appear to be multi region. The Aussie model would be the one to buy for use in Singapore. They are available at Bunnings hardware stores in Oz, you may be able to buy online, or if you know someone travelling to Singapore they may be able to bring one from Oz. Failing that I may be able to post one to you if we can arrange a money transfer through my Paypal account.

JohnL.