jr.008

New owner in Dublin, CA

Re: New owner in Dublin, CA

Until now, I've been using cheap-o Home Depot type charcoal grillers. I do most of the family cooking and I figure I might as well get better equipment. It helps now that I have more space since we moved from a condo with a small deck to a home with a backyard.

I'm very interested in smoking meats and low and slow cooking outside. I've done lots of experiments with ovens but it just wasn't as effective. I even tried to make my own smoker/low temp cooker with a small metal garbage can and electric heating element but heat control and flavor were problematic.

In any event, instead of buying and trying multiple products each which may be excellent at one thing, I opted for a single versatile cooker that excels in many things. From everything I've read, KK is it.

@Johnnyboy. Thanks for the welcome. =)

My KK is due in about two weeks. I've already gone to WalMart and picked up lump charcoal.

My avatar is just three little cubes representing some primary colors. I picked it because I'm a big fan of LED lighting and I use LED lights for hydroponics. The cubes reminded me of surface mount LED chips.

Hello all. I've been reading the forums with great interest. I just took the plunge a few days ago and ordered a brand spanking new KK. I can't wait to join the ranks of happy smokers and cookers.

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

posting.php?mode=post&f=15#

Wise choice "jr.008"!! I too have taken the plunge and am eagerly waiting it out. What size/color combo did you decide on? I purchased mine a few weeks back. Fortunately the bronze color happened to be one that was preparing to ship from our plant. I hope it will be clearing customs soon. What is the ETA on yours jr.?

From the looks of it, this forum will be growing by leaps and bounds. What a wealth of information for us rookies to tap into. The comroderie is second to none and all the KK owners seem to be genuinely good folks.

@hashbrown3

Congrats are in order for you as well. I'm guessing we'll be a pair of happy cookers very soon.

Myself, I ordered the 23inch bronze metallic due sometime around June 8th. When is yours scheduled to arrive? Did you get the rib rack and other accessories? I did since I regularly use the Ronco roti and I have two pizza stones in my oven and a separate counter top convection oven. I really hope to use my KK for cooking all sorts of food I would have never thought possible before...