DennisLinkletter

OTB Dimensions - 19.5" and 23"

Re: Ok - Will wait on cover

Will wait on the cover then' date=' and get no elastic when I do. But are you also saying the thing will do fine in the rain without a cover in the meantime? Dumb question, I am sure, but just want to doublecheck.[/quote']

Just got my OBT Gen II in today, so I will match up the dimensions of the new one with the posted old ones. Been talking to Johnnyboy so he knows the scoop. Also will get Dennis to confirm the information and he is also working on getting the side table additional dimensions for us now.

-=Jasen=-

Will wait on the cover then' date=' and get no elastic when I do. But are you also saying the thing will do fine in the rain without a cover in the meantime? Dumb question, I am sure, but just want to doublecheck.[/quote']Yup, the grout is already sealed, the cooker is cured and pre-smoked. It'll take rain just fine. It's a durable thing!

We just all like Johnnyboy's Jammies so much, that we insist on them! :) They're wonderful.

And besides, when you've spent all that on a cooker, why not snuggle it in a jammy so the birdies cannot put deposits on it? Hey, birdies! It's NOT for sale! So keep yer deposits to yourselves!

And besides, when you've spent all that on a cooker, why not snuggle it in a jammy so the birdies cannot put deposits on it? Hey, birdies! It's NOT for sale! So keep yer deposits to yourselves!

Umm, because it's a piece of art that should be displayed to the world at all times in its full glory???? ;)

Wow! Just catching up here. I appreciate all the kind words and support for our Jammies.

Sanny, the elastic bungee on your Jammies (KK Covers for those who don't know) was from an old batch left over from years ago (retired sewing many years). It soon ran out and I couldn't find the same stuff. Ended up buying a roll of marine grade bungee cord that's turned out to be too difficult to stretch. I'm sure it'd be great in a marine application, but has turned out not necessary for the Kooker.

Paulr, I agreed with you for the first two years, I felt the same way, and kept mine uncovered. I realized now, being new to Midwest conditions, frigid conditions does take it's toll on things outside, I mean everything. There's nothing wrong with taking extra steps to care for your art. I collect a bit of art myself (maybe I just think so); to show off many things means removing it from it's protection. Some of us like to protect our prized kookers in the same way. Weather under a sap tree, in the Midwest, or whatever. IMHO

Paulr, I agreed with you for the first two years, I felt the same way, and kept mine uncovered. I realized now, being new to Midwest conditions, frigid conditions does take it's toll on things outside, I mean everything. There's nothing wrong with taking extra steps to care for your art. I collect a bit of art myself (maybe I just think so); to show off many things means removing it from it's protection. Some of us like to protect our prized kookers in the same way. Weather under a sap tree, in the Midwest, or whatever. IMHO

Both my webers have jammies (not jb-jammies though) but given that my KK is under cover (pergola) and we do not have any frost in Sydney I reckon I'm lucky enough to keep it as eye candy 24x7 :D