DennisLinkletter

New Guru plug design finalized and in production

Sometimes what seems to be a simple project turns into the biggest challenge. The gasket design used for Guru's inducer tube just can't take super high temps. After numerous tries and suppliers of different materials, the Guru plug with gasket has been tossed and replaced with a spring loaded one inspired by a simple car charger..

This final prototype has four springs and snaps firmly into place making a wonderful positive snap sound.

ProtoPlug.jpg

ProtoPlug1.jpg

ProtoPlug2.jpg

;);)

Re: New Guru plug design finalized and in production

Great idea ... and attractive, as always. Please let us know when you'll be taking orders!

How will this install into our existing KKs?? :?:

It just snaps into the Guru inducer tube which is built into your lower fan faceplate (since 6/09)

For earlier KKs it fits into the inducer tube that you received from Guru and tapped into your KK faceplate.

As you may have discovered the silicone plug from Guru is not really designed for high temps..

Great idea ... and attractive, as always. Please let us know when you'll be taking orders!

How will this install into our existing KKs?? :?:

It just snaps into the Guru inducer tube which is built into your lower fan faceplate (since 6/09)

For earlier KKs it fits into the inducer tube that you received from Guru and tapped into your KK faceplate.

As you may have discovered the silicone plug from Guru is not really designed for high temps..

Excellent! I'm about to order a Stoker and needed a post-cook plug, so a few weeks ago I ordered a silicone plug from Guru. I'll use it until you're ready to ship these gems (assuming it doesn't melt/burn away!).

After we had this prototype made up, we showed them how we wanted it and the quality necessary. We told them to make up a quality sample for us to ok and then we would make two orders of 25.

They skipped the sample and delivered 25 plugs with the holes all crooked, deep scratches, visible welds etc..

They looked terrible.. they bluffed and claimed that was the best they could do. I called them on it and walked to order from another machine shop.

We should be close.. All this happened over the holidays when nothing really gets do anyway.. ;);)