Paswesley

Not Bragging- Really!

It would be silly to brag about such a mundane thing. I am just so happy to see the charcoal stacked in my garage, after waiting so long to get it! I drove the family down to Leonardtown, in the midst of an early season Nor'easter. How eager is that? The charcoal is better than I had imagined, which is saying something. There is no dust or dirtiness on the boxes. I brought plastic to lay down to protect the leather upholstery of my SUV. I did not need it. Those boxes are clean as a whistle. The product is bigger in circumference than I had expected, around the circumference of a tennis ball. When you handle the pieces, they barely leave any black color behind. None of the pieces in the first box were broken. There are no broken pieces and no fines. I can barely wait for the first cook. Here is a pic of the guests of honor in their new home.

Re: Not Bragging- Really!

Yeah, I cover mine and leave her out on the patio. I use her often during the winter, especially during Nor'easters. There is something unbelievable about roasting a ham at 350 degrees when there is two feet of snow on the ground and still falling, with the temp in the teens. Try that on Weber! To return to the cover, Johnny Boy makes some great Sunbrella covers. Send him a pm and he will hook you up.

Like everything else that Dennis makes, they are super premium. I think they could double as nightsticks, in case you need to fend off any bbq bandit who wants to rustle a couple of pork butts while your back is turned. If you bonk anyone on the noggin with one of these, he'll be knocked into next week! :lol:

The remarks that I made (in the first post of this string) about the coco charcoal were based on my handling of a piece of extruded that I picked out of an open box at Tom's place when I picked up mine. I just opened a box for the first time. Same quality. The most noteworthy thing was a simple, double sheet of white paper toweling that lay over the top of the stacks of charcoal. This paper towel was in direct contact with the charcoal, yet it remained white and unblemished. There really was not a sign of dust or blackness on the paper towel, even after traveling from Indonesia via container and being trucked from the west coast to within forty miles of the Atlantic Ocean. If it burns like it presents... Awesome, Dennis.

TLC for Charcoal?

The pieces can be smacked into each other to break them into smaller pieces.. this creates a clean break without creating any smalls. The paper towel is there just incase the box gets heated and the 7-8% moisture condenses on the plastic bag it won't drip onto the charcoal which in theory could be problematic.. It's probably overkill but a few cents of prevention can't hurt. The charcoal is blown clean of dust before it's packed.

;);)