DennisLinkletter

Refractory Material Data Sheets

Melting Points

From the datasheet:

Refractory material maximum temp: 2200 deg F

Melting temp of Aluminum: 1221 deg F

Melting temp of Iron: 2795 deg F

Melting temp of Med Carbon Steel: 2600 deg F

so, i could bbq a horseshoe, right? careful with them cast aluminum pans and pots, folks!

hilarious; using a metal smelter to BBQ! what a country! even staying down under 1600 deg F for the sake of the insulating material, you can easily melt aluminum. 2 in thick steak done in a minute! crazy! i don't think i'd be brave enough to cook at 1600 degrees, but it's great to know it's there. i might have to cast my own aluminum cookware, after all :lol:

how high does the temp guage on the KK go, dennis?? maybe you could use this one... VVRRRROOOOM!

hightempgauge.jpeg

http://www.cdtrv.com/r607vwk.htm

The concrete truth.. This Portland ain't no city in Oregon

As I hired The other tiled cookers work force.. there is nothing I don't know about three years of their production here in Indonesia.

The secret formula is common portland cement using crushed volcanic cinder (lava stone)

as an aggregate. Well albeit a very cheap formula is seems to usually stay together at high temperatures..

Money where my mouth is..

Don't believe me... drill into one and have it tested..if it's not primarily portland cement, I'll pay for the test and give you $1,000. I can't say that he has not changed the formula but test any cooker made during the 3 years he was in Indonesia.

Ask and you shall receive..

I have written to the director of HW and requested a letter from him stating that there is absolutely no asbestos in the material. I've also asked him is there is any asbestos in any of the refractory materials HW produces and if so what the application is. If we can build a space station, we can produce refractory material with out asbestos..

Harbson Walker was plagued with asbestos lawsuits years ago.. I sincerely doubt they dabble in asbestos anymore..

All these rumors are absolutely ridiculous to me, common sense dictates that I'm bright enough to use a material without asbestos..

I have only one thing to say... RJ, you can kiss my asbestos..

Ah.. Now I feel better :lol:

And for those comparing a K vs a KK

This is prime example of the differences between the two companies. Here, Dennis is quite open with information - even citing the manufacturer, and sharing the composition of the materials he uses. Try posting a similar question on the Mexi-K forum, and not only will it be removed within hours, but you will be branded as an enemy, and likely banned. Give it a shot...post something similar, like this:

RichardJ, You have always said that your material is proprietary and some sort of special slurry you put together. I have concerns about substances which may affect my long term health. Could you please clarify what is in your mix? Specifically, are there any asbestos containing compounds? Does it contain portland cement? Can you tell me the manufacturer of your M-64 repair coating, and provide its composition?

If you post this, be prepared to create a new account, and possibly find a new IP address to post from :D

And for my end of the bargain..once that certification comes from HW, I will personally post it on the same forum where the charge originated...along with the screen shot of the since deleted allegation, and RJs personal request for such certification.

Thanks for the heads up..

Pictures are no longer working for larger versions. Could these please be reloaded?

Thanks for the heads up.. I'm now in the States visiting family and don't have the copies in my laptop.. I'll try to get someone in Indonesia to find it there and get it up on our server..

Anybody got a downloaded copy handy?

;)