talisker63

Annoying the neighbours

Re: Annoying the neighbours

I agree with the aforementioned, smoke not much of an issure. I personally have found that you dont really need alot of wood in a KK to get that good smokey flavor, its seems the on a low slow cook since the airflow thru it is minimal, the smoke seems to linger around inside longer than a traditional smoker, so you dont need as much of your chosen wood. Just my personal observation, some people on her been at it longer than me!! You have made a wise choice by the way, the neighbors will love it too!!

Um, why buy a lovely smoking machine like a KK and not use it for that? Set it up somewhere to use all of its great features. You will regret it otherwise.

Oh, re above post, I get the smoke pouring out of mine: love that smokey flavour. And I just love seeing smoke pouring out :) In fact put your hands and arms all through the smoke, and get the aroma all night. Better than Lynx.

Ha yes i have dont that too! Its simply a matter of personal preference. I like to look for that blend of smoke, seasoning, moistness and tenderness of the meat i am cooking. I guess thats why we all enjoy cooking, the unlimited ways it offers to experiment till you find that "perfect thing" I myself like the smell of the pork butts in the morning after cooking all night, all the smoke from the wood has disapated and great smell as the fog of moisture coming out the top, cup of coffee on the patio, life is good!

I have my grill near a fence that is adjacent to my neigbors patio. I was a little worried at first, but havent had any complaints. I have seen my neighbor using his webber more lately- I think the smells from my cooking have been a motivation. I tried to take a picture during start up showing the smoke, but it didn't even show up. You can smell the smoke from lump at startup, but it seems like a pleasant smell. If my neighbor was entertaining in the backyard I would purposely do a slow start.

The smoke at startup is a product of your fuel. Using decent lump charcoal, you get a little mild aromatic smoke. That is not nearly as nasty and noxious smelling as what your neighbor would subject you to by dousing a pile of kingsford with lighter fluid.

Nobody is gonna complain about the smells from your grill, unless they are jealous.