talisker63

Cover essential?

Hi

I am about 700 yards back from the beach with houses between me and the sea.

Question is the use of a cover essential?

I tend to BBQ every week usually 2 to 3 times and I wouldn't like to have to remove a cover and remember to put it back on later each time I use the KK

Will the stainless parts rust easier if left out in the rain. Will anything else deteriorate?

Weather in Melbourne is like California similar to SFO

If cover is considered an essential item where do I find this "Jonnyboy" character

Thanks

Re: Cover essential?

I recommend covering the grills.. All of the materials are fine out in the elements. The 304 stainless won't rust if kept clean an uncontaminated. But UV will eventually fade everything.

When you see the build quality you will probably want to cover it just like you would not park a quality car or motorcycle outdoors. This will get it looking factory fresh much longer.

It's pretty much just dropping the cover over the grill.. Nothing to adjust or futze with.

;)

Johnnyboy is here on the forum and his contact information is in the KK loaded introductory Email I send you in the accessory area.

I recommend a cover. I use covers on both my KK's.

I live in live oak adn pine country where i get a ton of pollen every year. The covers ensure i don't get the grils covered wiht pollen and other droppings from the oaks and pines.

Being that you are so close to the ocean, I highly recommend a cover, you wantt o ensure the sea salt in theair doesn't layer up on the grill.

I put my cover on after the grill gets cool.

Of course you'll be cleaning the outside of the grill periodically.

You can find John on the forum, seach for his user name or posts or IM him, he'll be in contact quickly.

HIs work is meticulous, i had him make covers for our bar, pool table and BBQ cart.

I recommend a cover also' date=' just to keep any " stuff " off of it, you put your Lamborghini in the garage dont you? Johnny does a great job, his e-mail is "coverworks @ hotmail.com"[/quote']

No. My Velocity is there.

I recommend a cover also' date=' just to keep any " stuff " off of it, you put your Lamborghini in the garage dont you? Johnny does a great job, his e-mail is "coverworks @ hotmail .com"[/quote']

No. My Velocity is there.

My sofa and television are in mine...plus my beer fridge, a big fan, and a pole for the dancing girls :P:D

Of course, none of that is true, but it's a BBQ forum. When you guys start comparing your Lamborghini, Bentleys, and 3rd or 4th houses, someones gotta put the redneck back into the BBQ. I guess I'll be the token redneck :P.

But hey, if your Ferrari gets stuck in the dirt while your up in the woods harvesting some smoke wood, let me know. I've got this giant Jeep that would absolutely come get you. ;)

Ha Ha Firemonkey, i was just kidding about the Lambo, i did see one once!! And also i have cut split and loaded some cherry and hickory and loaded it in my 85 Oldsmobile 98, and its paid for too! I have not seen a recipe on here for squirrel or rabbit, i have harvested some of those from the midwest farmlands. Thanks for the fun post Firemonkey