Brooklyn

Gasket install

Re: Gasket install

Brooklyn: I just installed my new gasket recently and the new one is really great. There are a couple of threads on this but the one entitled Impossible Gasket is Possible is where you probably want to start. This has Dennis' instructions and the experiences of a couple of us tackling the task with pictures. I don't know how to post the link to the thread here but if you type the title in the search box, it will come up.

Susan

I get the same message. How long do the gaskets last on average? How difficult are they to change?

I bought my Komodo-Kamado in 2008 and have had no gasket problem. In fact I have had no problems of any kind.

Best investment I ever made.

The post linked above is to the Owner's only area where owner specific posts are kept. This includes new products being developed, special offers, updates and maintenance related information. If you are an owner, send me an email and I'll sign you up.. If you are not, send me an email to purchase your own KK and I'll sign you up!

;);)

What about presales questions about gasket installation?

Write or call me..

This is not the new gasket failing it's upgrades of earlier models that used ceramic fiber gaskets.

Except for a new gasket that was installed incorrectly on the upper lip and a guy who never discovered the second position on the latch, I don't think I've heard of a gasket failure with the new ones.

All the other ceramic grills burn up gaskets because their external straps (at the middle of the grill) slip creating (hot) airflow over the gasket which burns them up.

This is not an issue with KKs because the straps are locked/cast into the body and the CNC milled interlocking lip creates a pocket of air that insulates the gasket and only exposes the very inside edge of the gasket to the hot air.

;);)