harold67wm

Hello From Long Beach,CA

My Name is Harold and live & Work in Long Beach, CA.

I Also own and run one of the biggest online forums for the towing & recovery industry, which is the industry that has made my living for me all my life except the 8 years that I spent in the US Military including 6 1/2 years on SEAL Team.

I am 46 years old and swore off charcoal style grills and had gas grills for a dozen years or so... that is until I bought a Bubba Keg/ Big Steel Keg a month or so ago... LOVE it!!! so much that I threw the gasser out...What I like about the Bubba Keg is that I can do a Long smoke on just a hand full of lump or crank it up to 800-900 and have perfect pizza or searing, a poung or so of lump can smoke for much more than 24 hours on the keg at 225-250 degrees.

I am here to try and learn more about what is quickly becoming a passion of smoking and grilling.

Re: Hello From Long Beach,CA

hello and welcome to forum.

The results from the bubba keg smoker sound great. That can also be achieved and more with the KK from Dennis. There is lots of information to be learned from this forum that can still apply to your cooker as well. Should you ever decide to purchase a KK from Dennis, you can rest assured that you will get the Kooker and will have fabulous service. Since you are in Long Beach, you could drive over and pick one up this afternoon if you wanted :smt003

Please continue to check this forum out. Also, if you visit the BBQ Bretheren forum, it is a huge forum and they have many many different types of smokers. Check it out at http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/

There is a lot of help there as well and there is tons to learn.

Enjoy the bubba keg. Enjoy the KK forum. Keep Dennis and the KK in mind when you feel like owning a piece of art, heirloom, and cooker extraordinaire... :wink:

Hello Harold,

Welcome to the forum, loads of info here, just do a search of almost anything you want to know more about, and it is probably here. You will get both pros and cons also. I find bbq and cooking in general and endless path of enjoyment, even when i screw it up. I did purchase a Komodo Kamado, and i admit i was just a bit skeptical about it. I found that is does perform as advertised, and the customer service is also the best, and its good looking too! My wife even had to admit it was more than worth it, she wants another one! Have a good one Harold!

Welcome to the Forum. I don't know what you were expecting to find in this Forum when stating you have a Bubba King but a lot of us were in the same boat as you. A lot of us have had experience with other Kamados. I had and still have a Big Green Egg XL and I started looking at the Komodo Kamado Website. I just looked at it for fun knowing I already had a Big Green Egg and last year I bought another one at an EGGFEST. I have since sold that EGG before my KK came in last month. Like I was saying, a lot of us have had experience with Kamados and found that the KK is a Beast when you talk Kamados. The Product itself is very unique as you get to choose what color tiles you want for your KK. It weighs over 500 pounds when you include the (3) 3/8 Stainless Steel Grids. The Customer Service is superb as the owner of the Company IS the Customer Service. He will call you if and when you have questions or issues on your KK. The owner is always tinkering with the product to make it better. Heck, the Big Green Egg has been using the same Gasket for years and after a High Temp Cook the Gasket gets burned and has to be replaced by the owner. BGE has not dealt with this issue and why should they, it will cost them money. The KK is a bit pricey but if you add the amount of money you spent on Gas Grills, it might come close to the cost of a KK. Heck, I should know. I can add up the costs of all the Grills I have purchased, gas and charcoal, and it would cover the cost of having 2 KK's. Ouch !

We are not here to "push" the Komodo Kamado but we do know about Quality. Keep on cooking with your Bubba King and keep on asking questions about cooking on it. That is the only way we learn. Good luck on your journey.

The KK has no equal. Simply put. The customer service Dennis provides is second to none. I should know as I am in the customer service business. Buying my KK is one of the best purchases I have ever made. I have owned two RJ Kamados and one Imperial Kamado and have 17 years experience using them. There is no comparison of a KK to any product. Anything standing beside a KK is going to get an inferiority complex real fast. Best grill, best service, coolest owner. Enough said. Oh, one more thing, coolest community forum.