JohnL

Where's my KK, I ordered it Friday?

Dennis is slipping, I ordered my Cobalt Blue KK on Friday and it hasn't arrived yet :D:D

Not sure what the holdup is, they only have to manufacture it at the factory, ship it to Melbourne, Australia and then transport it 2,000km to Brisbane in sunny Queensland (well most times it's sunny). :D:D:D

That little rant is for the benefit of my US friends who sometimes have to wait days for their order to arrive :D:D

Seriously, my KK is due some time in mid July and I'll just have to cool my heels until it arrives. It's only six months ago I didn't even know what a kamado was. After ordering a cheap Chinese model and cooking a couple of meals, I then discovered Dennis's website and fell in love with his creations. I resisted the temptation to order for six months and then gave in after Dennis answered all my questions (including the dumb ones).

Dennis is the complete deal, no questions are too dumb to him(I try), and no effort is spared making you comfortable with your decision. I run a consultancy business and pride myself that I have retained clients for over 20 years, but can still learn more about customer service from him. :):)

Now it's back to waiting, waiting, waiting. :):)

JohnL.

Re: Where's my KK, I ordered it Friday?

My wait is just recently over. No question it was worth it. As I have stated in a different post, I have an xl bge, which I thought was one of the best. Maybe it still is, but when you get your kk, it is painfully obvious that it is its own class. From the cooking aspect, the first thing I noticed was the fact that it does heat soak, so you have to be careful if you want to cook low and slow. You WILL be glad you got the kk!

Re: Where's my KK, I ordered it Friday?

At last the happy day arrived last Tuesday, the big blue toy arrived approximately 4 months after it was ordered. Absolutely no reflection on Dennis, just the way things happen in our part of the world :D:D

My Cobalt Blue beauty stands gleaming in the sun, and I stand beside of it beaming. Pure poetry!!! :D:D

I am one seriously happy camper and will be having our first fire up on the weekend. I will post pics shortly after.

JohnL.