jeremydta

help me decide!

Hi, I am gagging to get a KK sent to Perth in Western Australia, the second one ever. Am using a Kamado Joe atm, but have lurked on this site for a while, and spoken to Dennis, and am just about to pull, but can't decide on whether to go Matt White, Matte Black or Autumn Nebula. I asked if red was possible, but apparently they're a bit toxic (?cadmium or something). I have googled and looked on this forum, but if anyone can provide any further shots, especially in their environment, it would be much appreciated. If only there was only one colour! And can I ask owners who have the gas lighter, do you use them? Thanks in advance. Jeremy

fetch?id=67234 Re: help me decide! I just got the bronze last week, I love it. Of the matte colors, my choice would be white, but this is a very personal decision you have to make. The gas lighter is way not necessary, Dennis as much as talked me out of it, and I've read posts where owners never took them out of the box.

post-7274-139082391244_thumb.jpg

post-7274-139082401011_thumb.jpg

Re: help me decide!

Hello, perhaps I can offer some advice. I really didn't care what color I had so I let my wife pick. We ended up going with the matte black. My patio furniture is red and black and I think I made the right decision. I think I will be happiest over years with it as black goes with everything. However I do love the boldness of some of the other colors.

BUT keep in mind the matte black is like a black car. Especially in dusty Arizona in that it shows when it is dirty. I probably clean it too much, hence my wife's quote the other day. "You are worse with keeping your KK clean then you were with your sports car".

Good luck...my guess is you will be happy with whatever color you ultimately choose. I will get a picture of my black one later today for you.

Concord- - near my childhood home town...class of De La Salle '97! Off topic, but I'll let a little secret out because of your locale. Fair Deal Meat Company in Oakland, CA. Not a safe part of Oakland but worth the trip. Walk in, ask for the rub under the cash register in the unmarked plastic bags...they call it a poultry rub but I use if for beef.

For the first cook throw it on tri-tip cooked short and hot. Mind blowing!

Cash only.

Hello Jeremy

I am new to the forum thought i would jump in. For a ladies point of view i would and about did choose the Autumn Nebula, but we chose and are anxiously waiting for the Matte Green Ocean. Black would show the dust from air settelments as already said and i feel the white would show unwanted residue as well. The browns, oranges and golds will add a beautiful and richness with punch of color to you cooking area. Good luck with you decision. :P

*~* Marilyn W. *~*

better half likes Autumn Nebula

bronze is cool, and what Dennis chose, but I'm afraid it's a bit way out there, and may not match certain environments (we are still renting)

I like the Matte Black as well, she says that it will show the dust, as you said, they look tuff though

can't see any pics of the matte green ocean, but it sounds good!

looks like Autumn Nebula - but dark or light ????

and no gas lighter

hmmm, interesting, hadn't thought of performance variation of colours, don't get me started on that one!

yeah I'm warming to the pebble, hadn't really considered it before

You can do what I did - spend months deciding, order the Autumn Nebula, and have the wrong color shipped (Olive pebble), and fall in love with it.

Lesson learned - all the colors are probably beautiful in their own way, and once you have the damn thing in your backyard and taste the food it makes, you'll care less about the color.

Let your better half select the color...if you don't have a better half at the moment...get your Mom or Sister's advice based on your environment / current decorating... My brother-in-law is a die hard BGE guy and my sister frequently reminds him of how ugly it is and wishes he would move it to a less prominent area of their property...

Hey Andrew

I thought about the bronze too, they look cool, but I was told we are having the Autumn Nebula. Enjoy. Good to see some of these crazy cookers coming to Oz. Most people think I'm nuts when I tell them about this purchase. I think they're nuts for not getting one.

Jeremy

Sounds like a knitting circle but we'll have to share recipes!

I was glad to hear the "export" model comes with a Celsius thermometer. Should have guessed that it would be perfect from what I have read here in the forums.

I have been lurking for about six months but thought if I don't buy now I won't be installed and skilled up in time for summer and Christmas Day

Cheers

sounds good, though I'm going to stay away from any knitting forums. I've got enough weird obsessions, so I don't want to find out about some amazing knitting needles which knit the best jumpers ever, as I might get tempted (well, maybe not). I've had a bit of practice on a Kamado Joe, and I can tell you, you're in for a real treat if this is your first kamado. Though I guess you've gathered that after all your lurking. I don't think you have to worry about getting ready for the summer, as I think you'll find yourself using it just as much in winter. Does the the thermometer show F as well, as sometimes I look at that as well?