Trathor

Granite work-surface?

Re: Granite work-surface?

Since 1992 when we put in a new kitchen we have had granite counter tops. Granite should be be thicker than bathroom ; we used 1.5 " thickness and had the edges rounded off. No cracks or any problems so far. An older small marble piece chips and nicks were in the marble.

The extra cost of granite is worth the small upcharge.

Re: Granite work-surface Pick your own I now ship the large KK workstation with or without the granite top so you can pick your own. The size needed for this are considered smalls and are reasonable because the are the leftover pieces from larger kitchen sales. This workstation is very Komodo like in that it is over built and actually engineered. The piece is all teak with mortise and tenon joints. The doors are in house 5 layers of teak which are cross laminated to make essentially teak plywood. This is used for the door frame because it does not expand or warp when it gets wet. It's the ultimate material for outdoor door frames and drawers. Woodworking has of course been my primary business for 28 years here in Indonesia. To give you an idea of how this piece is built it is 64"w X 28"d X 33.5"h and weighs a whopping 214 lbs of only teak. KK~Workstation.jpg[/attachment:1w4jr2q4] n67324

post-6370-139082402592_thumb.jpg

Re: Granite work-surface Pick your own

I now ship the large KK workstation with or without the granite top so you can pick your own. The size needed for this are considered smalls and are reasonable because the are the leftover pieces from larger kitchen sales.

This workstation is very Komodo like in that it is over built and actually engineered. The piece is all teak with mortise and tenon joints. The doors are in house 5 layers of teak which are cross laminated to make essentially teak plywood. This is used for the door frame because it does not expand or warp when it gets wet. It's the ultimate material for outdoor door frames and drawers. Woodworking has of course been my primary business for 28 years here in Indonesia.

To give you an idea of how this piece is built it is 64"w X 28"d X 33.5"h and weighs a whopping 214 lbs of only teak.

KK~Workstation.jpg[/attachment:2q65644a]

I am drooling profusely over that table.