Ducaticraig

Ash screen for Gas opening in back of KK?

Dennis, could you make me one of the new ash screens for the Gas rear entry door? I move my KK each time I use it an notice ash coming out from the rear metal door. I think a solid ash screen for that area would solve the problem. I'm also ready to purchase the sear basket divider when you are ready to invoice me. I will pay by wire, no more credit card, promise. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Re: Ash screen for Gas opening in back of KK?

Dennis, could you make me one of the new ash screens for the Gas rear entry door? I move my KK each time I use it an notice ash coming out from the rear metal door. I think a solid ash screen for that area would solve the problem. I'm also ready to purchase the sear basket divider when you are ready to invoice me. I will pay by wire, no more credit card, promise. :)

The rear ash door is not flush to the grill's floor like the front draft door.. So your grill is pretty full of ash if it's leaking. If you don't use the rear gas door you could always use Permatex and just seal it up..

But it would be easy to make up a heat shield for that door if there is demand..

I have the sear basket divider in ready stock.. I happily take credit cards on the smaller purchases..

Re: Ash screen for Gas opening in back of KK?

If anyone is interested in having Dennis make an ash screen for the rear ash/gas door please respond to this post. If enough people are interested Dennis will make it for us. I happen to move my KK around a lot so ash tries to escape through the rear door. Now I'm not talking about ash all over the place but just enough to be bothersome. The newer front ash screen works like a champ so one for the rear door would be a nice added addition. I could seal the door shut but like having the option to open it if need be.

Dennis, as for the sear basket insert, go ahead and send me an invoice, I'm ready!