mdbinkc

First Rib Cook - St. Louis Style

Ribs have been on my mind since I got my KK about a month ago. I've done a pork butt, some burgers, filets, and pizza, but I just got around to smoking a couple of racks of St. Louis style ribs today. They turned out great! I set up the KK for indirect, with the stone on the charcoal basket, the drip pan on the indirect stone, and ribs on the main grid. I used Ozark Oak lump, with 5 or 6 chunks of pecan, cooking within about 10 degrees either side of 250 degrees for the entire 5 1/2 hours. The butcher cut the ribs for me in the St. Louis style, removing the ends. When I got them home, I removed the membrane, and trimmed excess fat. I primed them with yellow mustard, and rubbed with Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust rub. I used the 3-2-1 cooking method, which I found on YouTube. This method calls for 3 hours on the grill, followed by mopping with a small amount of sauce, adding rub, double wrapping in foil, and cooking for two hours in the foil. After the 2 hours, take out of the foil, and put back on the main grid to firm them up for 45 minutes to an hour. Step 1: 3 hours on the main grid

fetch?id=68625

Step 2: Mop with sauce, cook for 2 hours in foil fetch?id=68621 Step 3: Back on the grill to firm up - 45 minutes

fetch?id=68622fetch?id=68623fetch?id=68624 Extremely delicious, and enjoyed by all!