DennisLinkletter

Gen 2.6~New Prices posted.. Gen 2.2 prices until Dec 1st

Gen 2.6~New Prices posted..

2009 Gen 2.2 prices will be honored until Dec 1st

I'm sorry to announce that the long overdue price increase is here.

I've been selling the Gen 2.4 at 2009 Gen 2.2 prices and have kept adding new items but not increasing the prices.. Great for my customers, bad for business.

I'm more than confidant the KK is still an amazing value..

While more work for us, factory direct sales for luxury high end products is the way of the future..

Anybody with a friend or family member who is on the fence, now's the time to grab a KK at the old price until Dec 1st.

Please spread the word for me..

Gen 2.2/2.4 pricing

Standard Tiles $3,640

Pebble Tiles 3,800

Bronze Metallic 3,860

Gen 2.6 pricing

Standard Tiles $4,268

Pebble Tiles 4,450

Bronze Metallic 4,500

Because the first post will ask.. ;);)

The most notable additions to the package were the 3/8" SS lower grill half moon inserts, machined stainless and teak spring loaded Guru plug, solid SS heat/ash shield, the side accessory plates now have female threaded sleeves with SS aircraft allen bolts rather than the bolts with SS acorn nuts, a new OTB shaped heat deflector and much improved galvanising and plating on the rear spring..

Re: Gen 2.6~New Prices posted.. Gen 2.2 prices until Dec 1st

i read a previous email where you said that when the 32" is shipped that would be when the new prices would come out. Does the 2.6 represent the newest generation kk or is that the designation for the 32"kk. Sorry if I'm unsure of the gen. designations. 2.2=small kk / 2.4lrg kk 2.6 / x lrge(32")

i read a previous email where you said that when the 32" is shipped that would be when the new prices would come out. Does the 2.6 represent the newest generation kk or is that the designation for the 32"kk. Sorry if I'm unsure of the gen. designations. 2.2=small kk / 2.4lrg kk 2.6 / x lrge(32")

This is a 23" in the Gen 2.6 build/package/upgrade. The grill's build number is like computer software.. when there are upgrades the number grows.

That was the plan was to announce the price increase with the 32" grill but I just can't afford to wait for it. ..

Since 2009 there has of course been inflation, the US $ has weakened considerably and as I came up with new designs and components they were shipped with/added to the existing package. We all know how time flies, suddenly it's Nov and doing the numbers was disappointing to say the least, especially considering how many grills we've sold this year.

I should have immediately done an adjustment when the US dollar first fell. But that's water under the bridge now..

and so I'm doing what I needed to do last year now. I'm probably more price sensitive than I need to be but I'm really doing my best to delivery the product at a price point that makes it an amazing value for what you actually get.

The 32" is in production now but we only have one set of molds for it and it takes a bit more than two days to cast one.

Anything you can share with us about the coming 32"? Maybe in terms of size comparison to the 23" and pricing.

We're going to need to build the first 10 or so to know the cost.

Here are the actual sizes of the grills...

23"

• Upper Sear 274 sq" (1,768 cm2)

• Main 375 sq" (2,420 cm2)

• Lower 329 sq" (2,122 cm2)

• for a total 978 sq" (6,308 cm2)

32"

• Upper Sear 418 sq" (2,698 cm2)

• Main 576 sq" (3,716 cm2)

• Lower 544 sq" (3,514 cm2)

• for a total 1,538 sq" (9,928cm2)

Hi Dennis, what type of an increase can we expect for the 19.5"?

Regards

Bruce

The 19.5" grill does not sell well enough to build them for ready stock inventory..

I pay for the floor under them by the month.

I've decided to make the 19.5" into a table top grill like the traditional glazed pot Kamados...

The stand alone/full size model will still be available as a special order.

It's the perfect size to be nestled into a counter..

As always no idea of the pricing..

;)

HI Dennis

any idea when the 32" will be available for order? will all the accessories be upgraded in size for a full package at the same time?

cheers

Mark E

I have actually been building them this month.. I've already started taking orders just not publicly released the model. We need to build about 10 to be able to price them properly.. Yes all the accessories are upgraded and new ones like a half main grill and huge heat deflector that completely closes off the center of the grill.

I'll drop you a note..

It's been 9 years since I raised the price of the 23" Ultimate..

It's been long overdue..
Prices need to go up again.
The 32" has never had an increase since it was released 9 years ago September..
It's time has come too..

Just some writing on the wall for anyone considering ordering..

• Like 3

That's too long, Dennis. We all know how much prices of materials, shipping, etc. have skyrocketed since then. You're a business, not a charity.

I have a good friend who owns a business and he keeps eating the price increases from his suppliers and shipping costs and he's down to a point where he's hardly making any money. He's having to bite the bullet and raise his prices, too, knowing that his customers are all going to scream and some may leave, but he has no other choice if he wants to stay in business and not go bankrupt. 

On 8/19/2021 at 3:50 PM, DennisLinkletter said:

Just some writing on the wall for anyone considering ordering..

@DennisLinkletter original price or new price for those who have put down the deposit and waiting for Oct/Nov delivery?  Anyway. If you need to raise it, raise it.

Edited by johnnymnemonic