Ducaticraig

Pork Ribs

Re: Pork Ribs

Tony, I added yellow mustard, then dry rub and placed on KK for 2 hrs at 275. Then pulled ribs off to double foil. At that time I added brown sugar, butter, and then honey. Foil and place back on KK meat side down for 1 hr. Pull off KK, take drippings from foil and pour over ribs and place back on KK for approx 30 min until done. << Optional, either mop ribs with BBQ sauce before placing on KK for the last 30 min or mop when you pull the ribs off the KK. Can even mop before and after. that's all up to you. The ribs are pretty good even if you decide not to mop with BBQ sauce.

Next rib cook I will try something new. I'm going to try starting off with dry rub, then add brown sugar followed up with a little more dry rub. Cook for 60 min then mop BBQ sauce. Cook approx 3 more hours making sure to mop with BBQ sauce every hour. For this cook I will smoke ribs with apple wood or mix with pecan wood which I currently don't have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Classic 3-2-1. Have heard about the honey treatment in foil before, but never tried it. I'm more of a savory over sweet kind of guy. ;)

I mostly just CYM and dry rub. Spritz with apple juice/water every hour when they start to brown. Rarely wet sauce my ribs; only when guests ask for it. I only foil wrap if I'm going to hold them for awhile before eating.

About your experiment with wet mopping sauce hourly, do you plan to cook those indirect then to avoid burning the sugars, since you won't be wrapping in foil?

• Like 1

Try a rib cook direct, and then do another one indirect. You won't ever do direct again.

Unless.

You keep the fire below 220 and put the ribs high up in the dome on the sear grill on top of the main grill. But that's a pain the ass so why bother?

Just cook 'em indirect.