Smokydave

I cooked all weekend!

Came home Friday afternoon during the snow to make some pizzas. It was below 20 degrees and snowing pretty good for a while. Fired up my bronze beauty and cooked two pizzas. Even with cornmeal on the peal and stone, I have problems with sticking. Maybe in about 100 more pizzas I'll be good at it! Here's what the last one looked like:

n68677

It tasted pretty good. I used a dough recipe from our bread maker. Then on Saturday at about 6pm I fired up a full basket of CoCo, digging into my precious stash of only two boxes. I put about 4 fist-sized lumps of oak in it. It was about 18 degrees at the time and it took about 1 1/2 hours to heat soak the KK. I put a 14 lb brisket in for the long haul. Stayed up till about 1am playing with the vents and left it alone at about 235 dome temp and went to bed. Got up at 7am and it was 275 at the dome and the meat was at 212. Horrified, I took it off. It was falling apart: n68679

A little dry but tasted pretty good after the 12 hour cook. Then, to put a finish on the weekend, when I took the brisket off, I put on a 3lb pork belly I had been curing for about a week:

n68678

Smoked between 195 and 210 dome temp for about 3 1/2 hours. Letting it cool now before I slice. I had trouble keeping smoke at the low temp. Used hickory for this one. So now, 19 hours later, this is how much CoCo I have left:

n68680

The flames are from the fresh air that got in when I opened the lid to take the picture. Looks like I have about 60% of it left. Probably would have had more if the temp hadn't spiked last night. I've closed it all down to save what I could. Hopefully it's tight and I'll have some left. We'll be having brisket for dinner with some red cabbage slaw I made from scratch with a vinegar dressing. Dennis, I may need to order more CoCo!

Re: I cooked all weekend!

Came home Friday afternoon during the snow to make some pizzas. It was below 20 degrees and snowing pretty good for a while. Fired up my bronze beauty and cooked two pizzas. Even with cornmeal on the peal and stone' date=' I have problems with sticking. [/quote']

In my experience, a piece of parchment paper under the pizza eliminates all sticking, and makes no difference in the crusty smokey goodness of the pie. When I assemble the pizza, I do it on a parchment sheet. Then I scoop the sheet and pizza up with the peel, slide it onto the hot stone, and off we go. Pizza doesn't stick to the stone, doesn't stick to the parchment, and I don't have cheese dribbles burning on the surface of my stone. All good! :smt006