kad1979

KK & Korin Konro...

21 hours ago, churchi said:

Awesome @tony b

Do you have a Konro grill or another brand? if the Konro, what do you think about it? It looks really nice from the pics i have seen. Just dont know anyone who has one.

I got the cheaper one off Amazon, similar to ckreef's. Wanted to see how I liked it and how much use it would get before plunking down the coin for the actual Korin. 

http://www.amazon.com/Fire-Sense-Large-Yakatori-Charcoal/dp/B003601SRA?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

I got the cheaper one off Amazon, similar to ckreef's. Wanted to see how I liked it and how much use it would get before plunking down the coin for the actual Korin. 

http://www.amazon.com/Fire-Sense-Large-Yakatori-Charcoal/dp/B003601SRA?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

I just now clicked that link. It's currently on sale for $31. I think I paid $69 for mine (exact same model). If anybody wanted to try out this style of tabletop cooking now would be the time to snatch it up. It maybe the cheapie version but works just like the more expensive one, just doesn't look as good.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yeah, Charles, I saw that sale price, too. DAMN. I paid $52.80 for mine. So folks, if you think this might be a fun thing to have for a cocktail party, etc., nows the time to buy!!

Based upon this thread, I had been hoping for nice weather today to break mine out and do some shrimp skewers. Sunny and headed to the upper 60sF, so out comes the Yakitori grill. Shrimp are thawing as I type. 

• Like 1

Yeah, Charles, I saw that sale price, too. DAMN. I paid $52.80 for mine. So folks, if you think this might be a fun thing to have for a cocktail party, etc., nows the time to buy!!

Based upon this thread, I had been hoping for nice weather today to break mine out and do some shrimp skewers. Sunny and headed to the upper 60sF, so out comes the Yakitori grill. Shrimp are thawing as I type. 

Sounds delicious. Post some pictures.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Had a dinner guest, so we just did the shrimp (marinated in Uncle Dougie's) as an app before dinner with some nice pilsner from the local brew pub. And, the Berkshire piggy St. Louis ribs, with Lane's Signature rub, were damned good, too. No pics, sorry. I rarely take food pictures when I have guests over for dinner.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tony b said:

Had a dinner guest, so we just did the shrimp (marinated in Uncle Dougie's) as an app before dinner with some nice pilsner from the local brew pub. And, the Berkshire piggy St. Louis ribs, with Lane's Signature rub, were damned good, too. No pics, sorry. I rarely take food pictures when I have guests over for dinner.

Uncle Dougie's, that stuff is awesome!!