DennisLinkletter

Coming to the States, on Holiday with Family

Re: Coming to the States, on Holiday with Family

Argh and double Argh.. Murphy's law prevails.

We always use Isla's Thai passport while traveling in Asia.

We went to the airport last Friday at 6am only to discover that her US passport had expired.

We rushed to the US embassy and was able to have an emergency passport issued on the spot.

(1.5 hour service ~ needless to say I'm well known here ;-)

We flew out on the Sunday morning flight.. could have been a LOT worse.

Really frustrating but that's life..

We're in Laguna with family..

Re: Coming to the States, on Holiday with Family

I met with Dennis while out in California and all I can say is what a great person. Dennis is so passionate about making sure the Komodo Kamado is the best cooking vessel around. One of the things we talked about was the forum and how he gets new ideas to improve upon the KK. It's us, forum users, that help give Dennis many of the new ideas for his upgrades/improvements. While our visit was short I also got a chance to meet his wife and son, what a nice and beautiful family.

I'm not someone who gets star struck when seeing someone famous but meeting Dennis, the man behind the Komodo Kamado, was really something special and meant a lot to me. He's truley an amazing, generous, and kind person who has an unbelievable passion for his family, the Komodo Kamado, and people/customers. I feel honored to have gotten the chance to meet and talk with Dennis in person. If you ever get a chance to meet or talk with him I'm sure you'll feel the same. :D:wink::D