KamadoCobra

New KK Video in the works - your feedback please

Hello fellow KK'ers, Over the past several months, I've been developing a video review project for the KK. Some early test footage can be seen here:

**UPDATE 2**: Second video available here:

http://youtu.be/U70lfGYZPz8

**UPDATE 3** : Third video added with TEXT EFFECTS:

http://youtu.be/jlbKymhcTsY

Filming is scheduled in a few weeks. In the interim, would love to get your feedback regarding specific reasons why YOU chose to buy a KK (over a BGE, Primo, etc). Also, let me know if there's any type of (new) videos which you feel would be of benefit (e.g. "how to's"). Please feel free to PM me. Thanks! _Julian (KamadoCobra)

Re: New KK Video in the works - your feedback please

FEEDBACK ???

I'M JEALOUS !!!! :(:(

Why does yours look so much nicer than mine?? :eek:

And when I open the lid, I don't get the nice music...Is this a new feature Dennis forgot to include in my KK ? :shock:

Your pebbles look three dimensional. It feels heavenly.Woodstock flashbacks. :smt003

Also, your KK is much cleaner than my KK. Were you able to afford the self cleaning feature? :?:

Arrrgh...need to get rid of my old KK and get a new Canadian version .Shucks, why not two. Hey Dennis, make it two 32's. :smt003

Do you ship to Montreal? Instruction in french only please. :twisted: .

Great video Cobra, keep it coming. :lol:

FEEDBACK ???

I'M JEALOUS !!!! :(:(

Why does yours look so much nicer than mine?? :eek:

And when I open the lid, I don't get the nice music...Is this a new feature Dennis forgot to include in my KK ? :shock:

Your pebbles look three dimensional. It feels heavenly.Woodstock flashbacks. :smt003

Also, your KK is much cleaner than my KK. Were you able to afford the self cleaning feature? :?:

Arrrgh...need to get rid of my old KK and get a new Canadian version .Shucks, why not two. Hey Dennis, make it two 32's. :smt003

Do you ship to Montreal? Instruction in french only please. :twisted: .

Great video Cobra, keep it coming. :lol:

Ha Ha! Thanks.

Truth is I have had my KK for 3 months but am unable to use it.

I have had to keep it "clean" until the film crew arrives and have also done lots of prep work; cleaning, disassembling, and buffing the KK so that it's "catalog perfect". Needless to say, I'm being teased by family and friends for spending all this money on a BBQ and have not yet used it (Arrrghhh!).

So if you want a clean "Canadian" version, be prepared to not have access to your BBQ for a few months! :P

Incidentally - what made you choose a KK?

Was it your first Kamado purchase, or did you have previous experience with other grills (BGE, etc.)?

_Julian (KamadoCobra)

Yeah, thats a class video, beautifully done. Thats the kind of sales product that I think Dennis might like!!

Robert

Thanks Robert.

Agreed.

I'm a former video editor with over 20 years experience - now in Marketing. I was appalled by the general lack of quality KK footage available on the web. A good friend of mine is an award winning Director of Photography and will be dropping by in a few weeks to help me film my KK.

Any ideas for future videos (e.g. instructional how-to's) would be greatly appreciated.

_Julian (KamadoCobra)

• Like 1

There are several videos on you tube by various people, LarryR comes to mind. While very nicely done, they don't have the professional quality of yours. You might check those out though, for some ideas. LarryR, I don't mean this as a criticism!

Robert

Re: New KK Video in the works - your feedback please Hello Julian, Looking forward to the finished product, i admire your restraint in not using your KK, i cannot. I was looking for a new bigger smoker, researched alot of the "choo choo train" ones, and i must say there are some good ones out there. I saw a bge at a local store, and thought i would look into cermics. The wife was not big on the new smoker idea, but i continued on with the wind in my face undaunted. By chance i came across a KK, more room, efficent and good looking. I looked and looked for reviews and only found praise for this product...and the wife liked it!!! Done deal!! Very happy with my KK. Get that video done and get cookin! Carter

Hello Julian,

Looking forward to the finished product, i admire your restraint in not using your KK, i cannot. I was looking for a new bigger smoker, researched alot of the "choo choo train" ones, and i must say there are some good ones out there. I saw a bge at a local store, and thought i would look into cermacs. The wife was not big on the new smoker idea, but i continued on with the wind in my face undaunted. By chance i came across a KK, more room, efficent and good looking. I looked and looked for reviews and only found praise for this product...and the wife liked it!!! Done deal!! Very happy with my KK. Get that video done and get cookin!

Carter

You're absolutely right about restraint!

Fortunately, the "Grateful Griller" (world reknowned "Kamado Guru" and fellow KK owner) is located in the same city and was gracious enough to loan me a Primo Jr while I am waiting patiently for the film shoot.

He even posted an article on his blog about my new KK (http://www.gratefulgriller.com/2013/06/14/alas-grillers-yet-another-dragon-has-found-its-way-to-canada/).

I just updated my original post with a second video link to more test footage.

_Julian (KamadoCobra)

Really nice job!!!!

Couple of nit picky things, on the first video when you shut the lid , but you didn't latch it all the way down, just seemed odd (told you I'm picking nits)

On the second video you showed the spring on the back, but didn't tie it into the function (undo latch lid opens), you seemed to do this for the side table mounting and that seemed really effective. Same thing with the guru plug, you showed it by pulling the plug, but not what mounted there. Maybe not what you are going for, but when you highlight something where a novice has no idea what it is, it can be confusing.

Really like what you are doing with this, keep up the good work!

Regards.

Bruce

Really nice job!!!!

Couple of nit picky things, on the first video when you shut the lid , but you didn't latch it all the way down, just seemed odd (told you I'm picking nits)

On the second video you showed the spring on the back, but didn't tie it into the function (undo latch lid opens), you seemed to do this for the side table mounting and that seemed really effective. Same thing with the guru plug, you showed it by pulling the plug, but not what mounted there. Maybe not what you are going for, but when you highlight something where a novice has no idea what it is, it can be confusing.

Really like what you are doing with this, keep up the good work!

Regards.

Bruce

Hey Bruce,

Good eye for detail! Please take note however that these are all "test" shots for camera angles. The sequences are by no means complete. The context is slightly different as there are also plans to add dynamic text (involves another round of tests).

BTW, the "pulling plug" was for future shot to show installation of a BBQ guru blower - however I still have to get my hands on one.

Good of you to notice.

Keep the comments coming!

_Julian

Nice!

If we get to vote, I prefer the first text effect over the second. The first looked more professional/polished IMHO.

Keep up the good work!

Bruce

Thanks Bruce,

The second text effect was a test for a 3D treatment. I faked it using 2-dimensional text. If I have more time, I'll try it out with the 3D text effect.

Re: New KK Video in the works - your feedback please Just got my hands on a copy of the KK manual (much thanks to DucatiCraig). I wasn't aware of the curing process for venting solvent (!!!). Just in time too! Scheduled to perform the first cook for tomorrow's video shoot. Here's a picture of the curing process using a gas burner (Dennis, please feel free to add this photo to the KK manual).

n67504

post-7496-139082405495_thumb.jpg

Re: New KK Video in the works - your feedback please In preparation for tomorrow's video shoot, I have the KK and a BGE ready to go in the backyard. Took a picture next to each other and they look as if to be in conversation. Added the balloons -> feel free to submit your ideas for quotes. n67505

post-7496-139082405499_thumb.jpg

In preparation for tomorrow's video shoot, I have the KK and a BGE ready to go in the backyard.

Took a picture next to each other and they look as if to be in conversation.

Added the balloons -> feel free to submit your ideas for quotes.

BGE: I just love the way that the fire reflects off your beautiful tiles.

KK: {blushes} Thank You.

In preparation for tomorrow's video shoot, I have the KK and a BGE ready to go in the backyard.

Took a picture next to each other and they look as if to be in conversation.

Added the balloons -> feel free to submit your ideas for quotes.

KK: The tribe has spoken!

BGE: Wha????