tony b

Anyone cook Denver ribs of lamb?

You ladies rock!!!  :headbang:

Also recently did another "cult" big hoppy IPA clone - Heddy Topper out of VT. Only had the original once, but it rivals Pliny, IMHO. Another cult fav, which I can actually get here in the Midwest, is Bells' HopSlam. Comes out once a year and is sold by lottery draw in local beer stores that can get it. Gone within hours. What makes it unique is their use of honey in the brew, in addition to a sh!t-ton of hops! Since Surly has expanded their brewery, Furious is now commonplace on local beer shop shelves and on tap in all the local good bars! Beer scene in IA has improved immensely in the last 2 - 3 years!

I am lucky enough to have tried Heddy Topper. My sister and brother in law live in VT and poor me the love of my sister's life is an AWESOME home brewer, so he set a bottle aside when he knew we were coming for a visit. The others I have not heard of. Iowa and beer who would think it, tonyb? I believe every state has come a long way, beer-wise in the last 5 years, well, the country as a whole has. MacKenzie, I sure can see sipping a nice hoppy beer while enjoying some of the wonderful food you cook! I just came home from the taproom, had an Arrogant Bastard, but now I am going to bed hungry and thirsty, but with a smile on my face!☺ï¸

PJ, a friend of mine is a partner in a micro brewery. He is the master brewer and makes awesome beer. I get it when ever I can which isn't that often since he's 200 miles away, 400 miles return trip.

The best Guinness beer I have had was actually at the Guinness brewery in Dublin. I could drink that at breakfast, lunch and supper;)

JkDxVsD.jpg

• Like 1

Guinness...good stuff. I often cook with it, especially when making gumbo. It adds a mellow richness which complements the smokiness of a really good gumbo. Not to mention the gumbo must be served with a Guinness the temperature of spring water fresh out of a country spring (about 43-49°) no colder.

The best Guinness beer I have had was actually at the Guinness brewery in Dublin. I could drink that at breakfast, lunch and supper;)

JkDxVsD.jpg

That goes without saying! Guinness in any pub in Dublin is better than any Guinness outside of island. The brewery its self being the best. It's a completely different drink from any they export.

I was saying the best bottled or tin Guinness is foreign extra: but of course you can't compare it to Dublin draft!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk