DennisLinkletter

Argh.. Malicious code took down/out the forum...

Argh.. Malicious code took down the forum...

Suddenly I was unable to log into the forum.. when we sent to install the backed up copies they were all corrupt with malicious code.. The latest non corrupt database was Aug 30th.. So sorry to say we lost the last 11 days. I have daily backup service off the server now and have the most advanced protection.

Re: Argh.. Malicious code took down the forum...

When I get a bit caught up with my life and work from the over two months I was on the road in both the States and Thailand, I will be migrating this forum over to a much more stable and sophisticated platform vBulletin.

According to what I've read online ( :lol: ) the transfer should bring everything except passwords and logs. Some url's will also need to be redirected. So we will a all need to go thru the password reissue dance via email.

In the mean time, if you are having issues with the forum, please clear your cache.. it helps with all things php.

Please excuse the site being down all weekend..and loosing the last 11 days, I've put back most of my posts. I'll get The Charred and Scruffed post later today..

;);)

Re: Argh.. Malicious code took down/out the forum...

This is terrible! Don't people have better things to do than hack a defenseless website which tries to help us improve all our lives? C'mon weirdoes, give to the poor, walk an old lady across the street, go vote, cook some BBQ....Maybe they need more Q. I sure do. I'm in The Netherlands right now. A couple days without the forum was killing me. These folks have no concept of good Q. I felt like my last real connection to meat was stolen from me.