Hector

Planked Salmon with Dijon, Brown Sugar and Cinnamon

Well I can't stop cooking on the Komodo, must still be in the honeymoon period :-)

I love the way I can light it with the weed burner, it is quick and easy.

Tonight I cooked Cedar Planked Salmon. Both halves had Dijon and Brown Sugar but one half I added powdered cinnamon.

7a8uresa.jpg

Everyone agreed the cinnamon side tasted different but we all thought it was fantastic, even ended up with my son and wife fighting for the last piece. Even the dog had a piece and loved it :-)

bypu3ery.jpg

Plated up with Mashed Potato and Sweetcorn......deeeeliisshh!!!!!

Hector

• Like 2

I hadn't originally planned on doing a planked salmon for dinner, but i was in the market and spotted these in the case - Marked down to $4 each - Alaskan Wild King Salmon on its own alder plank! Had to go for it. Did some nice veggie kabobs to go with. 

001 - fixed.jpg

Went Asian flavors with the dinner. Bourbon Teriyaki glaze on the salmon with some Yardbird Fin & Feather. Kabobs were sprayed with canola oil and dusted with Lane's Qnami. 

002.jpg

003.jpg

On the KK, direct, with some alder wood chunks, @ 325F.

004.jpg

Finished.

005.jpg

Done.jpg

Plated with some coconut ginger rice, with a bit of Togarashi. 

008.jpg

Headed back to the store today to see if they have any more of these. If so, I'll repackage with the foodsaver and toss in the freezer, as it was a nice tasty piece of fish!

• Like 2

Thanks. Bad news though, went back to the store and all the cheap salmon planks were gone! :-(  The guy behind the fish counter said he'd make some up for me  - at full price ($8 each). I said, No Thanks, but bought a nice filet of the wild AK salmon to put up in the freezer instead.