Hector

Ken Forkish Pizza

Today I cooked some pizzas using the Ken Forkish method of making the dough. It took 24 hours to prepare the dough, it remained pretty sticky and was difficult to handle but the flavor, chewy and crisp base was delicious.

a6amu3yd.jpg

Komodo all loaded up

5ahetenu.jpg

The pizza contained, mozzarella, buffalo mozzarella, Jamon, fresh pineapple and Mad Hunky Pizza Shake. My wife's part also had some cherry tomatoes. I also added a balsamic glaze.

eve8a7en.jpg

The crust was crisp and chewy.

I did try another but struggled to get it off of the peel. I think I left it on too long, this caused a lot of problems when I tried to get it onto the stone. I'll show you the start of the pizza but not the end result, as it was a bit messy :-)

3aqyvedy.jpg

Hector

• Like 1

My trick to getting the pizza off the peel and onto the stone - parchment paper. Doesn't impact the bottom crust that much and if you want it more crispy, the paper comes off easily after just a few minutes on the stone. If you turn your pies mid-way through, it's an good time to remover the parchment.

Someone, maybe Firemonkey once gave a great tip to lift the edge and blow under the pizza.. this creates a bubble for a brief time but enough time to get it off the peal.. Works great.

That being said I'm a fan of parchment paper because the kids take too long to make their pies and you can get major bonding!

Tonight's Pizza using the frozen pizza dough from the weekend, was the best ever :-)

vema2aje.jpg

upyretum.jpg

Mozzarella, Dolcelatte Gorgonzola, Fennel and Garlic Sausisson, Jamon, Mushrooms, Spring Onion, Mad Hunky Pizza Rub and Balsamic Glaze.

Hector