cruzmisl

My guru fan doesn't fit.

Did you buy the sleeve from Fred for the Guru for the KK port? I had a little problem getting the sleeve through the port. The plate and the hole were very little off. I took a round file and filed the plate to let the sleeve slide thru the hole. Works great. :D

?? So the fan does not just plug straight into the Guru port on the side of the KK? You have to use a bulkhead adapter too? If so, that is contrary to what I thought.

Hi All,

Anyone else have any issues? I uncorked the hole this morning and my guru fan is too small. Did Fred change the fan size recently? My guru is a few years old.

Thanks,

Joe

What is the inside diameter of the hole on the KK Guru port? For the fan to plug straight in, the ID of the Guru port needs to be about 1-7/32 to 1-1/4 inch. Please, let's get a few people to measure and get us some feedback.

Thanks,

-=Jasen=-

I measure my KK port at 1 3/8" while the fan measures about 1 3/16". I too thought it plugged right in but I guess not. It seems odd to have to buy an adapter.

I'm going to call BBQ guru to get the sccop.

(update: the guy at guru had no idea what I was talking about so we'll have to wait until someone calls me back)

Joe

I'm sure Drunk-J would be glad to fashion you one...with all his spare time :D

I have actually been through this before. There is no standard pipe or fitting I could find (in the past when I looked) that has the proper ID to make one out of - they are machined to be proprietary (Fred ain't dumb - hehe). As for the spare time - jeez - I wish.

I measure my KK port at 1 3/8" while the fan measures about 1 3/16". I too thought it plugged right in but I guess not. It seems odd to have to buy an adapter.

I'm going to call BBQ guru to get the sccop.

(update: the guy at guru had no idea what I was talking about so we'll have to wait until someone calls me back)

Joe

That fan measurement sounds about right (my measurement was taking into account for the O-ring and a tiny amount of needed slippage). So the KK port is 1-3/8, that is weird. I am sure we will get our answer soon.

-=Jasen=-

Guru Port

The KK comes with a Guru port that is plugged. When the plug is removed you need a inducer tube that fits into that opening. If I remember correctly is was about $20 plus shipping from the Guru company. I had the same problem unplugged the port and the Guru did not fit. Called Guru and they said I would need to inducer. If you check the price list iit states. "BBQ Guru faceplate (Guru-inducer tube ready."

f you check the price list iit states. "BBQ Guru faceplate (Guru-inducer tube ready."

I thought the motor fit into the tube. I'll call guru back tomorrow. What part do I need to ask for exactly? I'm telling the guy Komodo and he thinks I'm saying Kamado and it just get's worse from there :)

Is this what it looks like? It's all I could find on the website. It costs $35.

Z_800-1001-015.jpg

Guru Port

No that is the whole thing. You already have the bulkhead fitting, that came installed on your KK. The part you need is just the inducer-tube. It looks like tube behind the snap ring in the picture. It's stainless steel tube that fits through the bulkhead fitting. Call Fred at Guru and tell him you need the inducer-tube for a KK. Hope this helps. When you get the inducer-tube check the fitting and be sure to install the fan end to the out side of the KK.

I had to install mine from the inside out after filing down the plate.

David

... I'm telling the guy Komodo and he thinks I'm saying Kamado and it just get's worse from there ...

If there's any truth to the rumor about the fine relationship Kamado Co. has with Shotgun Fred, you're lucky they didn't tell you, "Inducer tube? For a Kamado? Yeah, I've got your inducer tube right ***HERE***." :P

OK. I talked to the folks at BBQ Guru again. They said that they do make a small inducer tube and the inducer tube and bulkhead (same as the picture I posted above). They said I could go either way but the small one can sometimes move around when you push the fan in. Since the bulkhead is held in place by a nut and a snap ring, it's much tighter and works better....according to them. So I ordered the bulkhead. We'll see how it goes next week when it arrives.

Joe

Hi Cruzmisl, how did you go with the inducer?

I'm about to order my Gen II (days away!!!) and would like to connect my guru (reckon I need the inducer tube though?).

Did you get the 35,- version with the bulkhead or just the tube?

f you check the price list iit states. "BBQ Guru faceplate (Guru-inducer tube ready."

I thought the motor fit into the tube. I'll call guru back tomorrow. What part do I need to ask for exactly? I'm telling the guy Komodo and he thinks I'm saying Kamado and it just get's worse from there :)

Is this what it looks like? It's all I could find on the website. It costs $35.

Z_800-1001-015.jpg

That is what I use. It works great.