BigLazy23

Terra Cotta 23" OTB in the house (... and to the backyard)

I'm a little belated in posting - the Komodo arrived on Wednesday but we weren't able to uncrate until Friday.  Even after reading other posts I was still in awe of how big and beautiful the Komodo is.  And man are those stainless steel grates solid.  Moved the Komodo on Friday after uncrating and by then it was dark.  Woke up early on Saturday and did the venting for most of the day.  Let everything cool down from there and then on Sunday tried our first rib cook (baby backs from a local butcher).  Some thoughts on the rib cook and pictures a little later - already started thinking about what to cook when I have more time later this week (some folks in the last picture are also ready for more cooks).

post-1797-0-43863400-1407841397_thumb.jp

post-1797-0-54273200-1407841403_thumb.jp

post-1797-0-71223200-1407841410_thumb.jp

post-1797-0-03518100-1407841425_thumb.jp

How cool...I did not know  Dennis  was  sending matching dogs with his KK's...!!

And to  wait 2 days  before unpacking...what patience you have.   It looks beautiful and the dogs look happy too.

Let us know how the Rib cook went.   There are many methods and theories about  cooking ribs...do what works for you and what tastes best to you.   It is like wine.....  a  good  wine  is what you like...not  how expensive it is...

Congrats!

Nice, especially the pooches! Just curious, did you get that color of tile to match the dogs??

Funny you ask.  Not premeditated I swear - we probably need to consider expanding our color palette (at least when it comes to things outside of the dogs - we love the breed).

Really like the Terra Cotta color - gives the Komodo a nice warm, traditional feel.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.